Toon Disney... someone's gonna get TICKED

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My mom over heard that and said "But you still have stuffed toys all over your room you won't get rid of." And it really made me mad. I don't play with any of the stuffed toys i buy because to me they are collectible and don't want to ruin them. But sorry to have gone astray.
Collectors are never understood, no matter what the item. If you're not a collector of said item, it just looks strange. But hey, they're not the ones who may get rich one day! :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well There have been channels for women for a long time with Lifetime and it's Movie channels and WE and a few others I can't think of right now. Then there the all kids channel, but I could kind of see that because not everyhting on TV is for kind s and there you have programming that's safe for kinds. But not you have the man channel in spike TV. And look at Toon Disney? It's a channel just for cartoons. You have you're all cooking channel, you're all "music" channel, All Tween channel, your all Teen/Young adult channel in The N. You're all cooking channel, You're all news channel, all black people channel, all Spanish language channel, your all sitcom channel, your all movies channel, your all children's educational channel you're all sports channel, your all nature channel, your all education channel. I mean most of TV seems to be exclusive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ungh! Why does this have to happen to every channel? And this is exactly the opposite of what I thought might be a better way to axe ToonDisney altogether. Since they brought in those two Disney Channel shows which I will refrain from naming in hopes of keeping this civil... If that had been left alone on the original Dis Channel, then ToonDisney could've been turned into a solid Jettix channel instead. Well, looks like that will be the case, now I have to hunt it down. I find it funny they list BTAS as a rerun show to be kept in the lineup because that's no longer airing as of right now. So I'll have to find the new home for Power Rangers RPM, Yin-Yang-Yo, and some others I enjoy. TV just can't seem to pull its collective boobtubes out of the boobs who are running the networks anymore.
Don't you know? The hip new thing is to whine about whatever direction the network already has that has got them as far as they are, and rebrand it for no reason other than trying to get an audience they can never get. Losing essentially 2 audiences in the process.

I complained about this enough for the past year. TV is dying, and these companies are all too enthusiastic to rush it to the inevitable. Computers and video games are killing ratings, so insteqad of trying hard to stay who they are, we toss in crappy movies from 5-10 years ago you can get at the bargain outlets on DVD for 5 bucks or less, had anyone actually wanted to buy them or watch them in the first place. These people don't deserve jobs, and only get them cuz Daddy's a major stock holder.

We can complain and send letters and petitions ranging from friendly to threatening and do whatever we can, but they won't listen to us. There are a hundred "This network is Dead" Youtube videos that only get watched by angry cartoon fans, not the heads of the networks who have their heads permanently welded to the insides of their collective butts.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Does this mean no more Pucca or Oban Star Racers? :frown:

I guess there won't be any chance of seeing Ducktales, Hercules: The Animated Series, or Rescue Rangers anymore.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I didn't start watching or paying attention to toon Disney until maybe a year or so ago. Then, I came to the conclusion that since Disney had gone in the tween live action direction, this channel must have been the place to show all the older Disney cartoons, which at the time it was. Not only is Toon Disney coming out of that way of thinking, but now it doesn't look as if it's going back to the way it was any time soon.

An all animation channel? Yeah, that sounds good!
:smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if this new Disney channel would put shows that have only aired in Canada. There's this one cartoon called Flatmania that has supposedly aired on a Disney France channel, but for some reason hasn't aired on Disney USA yet.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Meh...the stuff thats on toon disney that i watch is on regular disney. And that would be Zack and Cody and Phineus (sp?) and Ferb. And I watched Gargoyles when it was on during the day...:stick_out_tongue: now its on at some time late at night I think. I could be wrong

And in responce to the happy meal toys, I always got the boy toy. But its good that they have different toys in a sense that boys probably would not want to play with Barbies. But its not like "Your a girl so you HAVE to get a girl toy". You have a choice

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if this new Disney channel would put shows that have only aired in Canada. There's this one cartoon called Flatmania that has supposedly aired on a Disney France channel, but for some reason hasn't aired on Disney USA yet.

Apparently, there's some annoying new trend where Europe gets the cartoons first, and about a year or 2 we'll probably see them. Took almost 2 years for Biker Mice From Mars to air in the US. Same thing's gonna happen with the new GArfield series. And of course, to this day, Gadget and the Gadgetinis (which really isn't bad, just misguided) hasn't aired in the US at all (which is why they need to make a true Jetix channel).

I hate the fact that they're probably gonna use this as an excuse to reruns Phineas and Ferb and Zach and Cody more and more. Didn't see P n ' F yet, but they really should have done something like the Pirates of the Carribean... I mean, sure they're PG 13... but that hasn't stopped anyone before. The Mask and Ace Ventura were both (originally) PG 13 movies... and Ghostbusters, while a PG film... well, you know about the Keymaster and all that...

They shoulda given the TV animation studios to Pixar too.