Top 3

dcfboss

Reaction score
I was wondering who your top 3 most hated characters are on sesame street and your top 3 ways to make the show better.

1 - Elmo
2 - Baby Bear
3 - Rosita

Ways to make it better:

1 - Get rid of Journey to Ernie...or if you're gonna keep it, change it up a bit

2 - Bring back some older monsters like Guy Smiley, Herry Monster, and Mumferd

3 - *Most Important of all* Elmo's world is too long....waaaaaay to long

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, Journey To Ernie will be changed. And it will be much better. Even the people at the workshop thought it was terrible. They will go to fancier places, like the land of shapes, the beach, and stuff like that. And there will be a song at the end, "We Found Ernie" I think it's called.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What the &*^% is up with all the Elmo bashing?!?!? I mean, sure he's the most popular one commercially, but it's not his fault (rather Kevin Clash's fault) it's the little kids of whom the show was made for. Basically they can relate to Elmo, being a 3 year old. I don't want to know anyone who can relate themselves with Harvey Kneeslapper or Frazzle.

Personally, I can't bring myself to Hate a Muppet. Even Andy and Randy pig. Even Monster Clubhouse

Here are my top Three FAVORITE characters

1) Cookie Monster

2) Grover

3) Oscar the Grouch

and here's the ways to make it better

1) Using old skits and songs

2) Getting rid of Monster Club House

3) Alternating Elmo's world to once every two or three days

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I don't believe that any character should be done away with, just come up with some other ways to feature the characters in a more natural surrounding.
Changes for the future
1 Journey to Ernie. Glad to hear that even the people at Sesame thought the original batch was horrid, but problems still abound with this segment.
a. Will Big Bird still be the one looking for Ernie? This is a flaw that could be corrected by bringing in Bert to find Ernie. This would then entail a more natural reaction from both characters in that it's like the old games that Ernie used to play with Bert until the later got spirited into the game itself. Also, some different bits could be added like mazes or matches based on the hideaway environments. Not only could this work on Sesame, but it could be brought over to Play with Me Sesame. BTW: A new song called "We found Ernie"? It'll probably be of the same caliber as the goodbye song on Monster Clubhouse.
2 Monster Clubhouse. Keep the characters integrating them into new Monsterpiece Theater sketches or the main Street Story segments, thus riding ourselves of the Clubhouse segment alltogether.
3. Elmo's World. I agree that this portion of the show takes too long and has invaded the show itself. One way to combat this is by taking the main Story segment into the entire episode once again. In Season 33, the main Street Story segments are compressed into one continuous nucleus during the first half-hour of the show itself. It would be great to take that main story and spread it throughout the entire episode like all the previous seasons.

These are my qualms and possible suggestions on how the show overall could be made better for future generations.

roadrat15

Reaction score
Top 3 Hated Muppets:

1) Elmo (the little red menace)
2) Zoe (that laugh and that "Stop Joking Me" . . .I'm gonn hurl!)
3) Telly (all that worrying grates on the nerves)

What can be done to change them:

1) Elmo (Make him do the chicken dance off the top of Mount Everest!)
2) Zoe (Nix the laugh and that annoying catch phrase)
3) Telly ( send him to a cheap head shrink!)

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I don't like:
1) Zoe (ever since the episode with "Rocko" the rock)
2)/3) Natasha's parents (I guess that makes two more)

Elmo was always my favorite. Until about 1993. But he's still okay, I guess. Besides, he did get the approval of Father Jim himself. (I don't know why, but I just like referring to the almighty creator as Father Jim.)

How to make the show better:
1) Bring back the show's old format, and bring back the adult appeal it once had.
2) In the end credits (if there be any left), give credit where credit is due, to all the animators who worked on the show, including the classic sequences.
3) Get rid of the three regular segments. Those segments perhaps deserve their own shows, but do not belong on Sesame Street. For example, Elmo's World seems to have brought down the show's audience age level even lower. I don't see any adult appeal to that series at all. I didn't much like Elmo In Grouchland either. It was too short, and didn't have the same cinematic illusion as Follow That Bird.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I don't hate any of the muppets but Telly can get annoying with all that worrying - mainly because my Mum worries about everything - especially me and it just annoys me so much!!!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
probably, um, you know what...I DON'T KNOW!!!

and i've heard of this Journey To Ernie and what exactly IS it???

here's WHAT should be changed with todays Sesame Street -
BRING BACK DON MUSIC. cuz nowadays, kids aren't that stupid!!!
who else should be brought back??? --

GUY SMILEY, should be played by the same guy that played him on the computer game.

PLACIDO FLAMINGO
GLADYS THE COW
HARVEY KNEESLAPPER
HERRY MONSTER
ROOSEVELT FRANKLIN
SHERLOCK HEMLOCK
ERNIE & BERT-IN-THE-APARTMENT
BIFF & SULLY
SONNY FRIENDLY
HERBERT BIRDSFOOT

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by roadrat15
Top 3 Hated Muppets:

1) Elmo (the little red menace)
2) Zoe (that laugh and that "Stop Joking Me" . . .I'm gonn hurl!)
3) Telly (all that worrying grates on the nerves)
DON'T YOU TALK NO TRASH ABOUT TELLY!!!!! :mad !!!! Telly's the MAAAAAN!

But here are the list of top three I like the least
1)Zoe (at least we have one common annoyance, but I do like Fran Brill's work)
2) Phoeobe (of Monster Clubhouse)
3) Googoo(?) of Monster Clubhouse)

Though I do like Narf and Mel!

Though, Punk N Puppets, you list of Bring back characters intregues me.

Though sadly, I can't think of who can perform any of those guys since Richard is no longer on this plane of existance. Maybe Eric won't mind doing Harvey's part.

Herry is still around, but you have to REALLY search for him.

Here's who I think they should bring back
Little Jerry
Little Chrissy
Sherlock Hemlock
Professor Hastings
Noble Prize (?)
Benny Rabbit
among others

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't hate anyone. Especially not BEARS!!! :mad:

I would say that Elmo's World is too long, but he's a great character.

I would say that the best plan they could work on now is bringing back into the lime-light all the old characters and put them back on the Street instead of in segments, like they did in the old days.

I've seen Grover used more prominently lately, but we DO need to have back GuySmiley and other characters from that era. I realize that the performers are busy, but I do miss the older characters.

FOZ