1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Sometimes Bunsen calls Beaker "Beakie", and yes, believe it or not, there is a different Muppet by the name of Beakie (in TMS ep. 307 featuring Alice Cooper).......
    [​IMG][​IMG]

On the left is Beaker, and on the right is Beakie.....:eek:

2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I thought that was just Piggy turned into that by Alice Cooper...

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I get annoyed when people refer to 2011's "The Muppets" as "The Muppet Movie". Yes, it's a Muppet movie, but there's already a Muppet movie with that title and there are several Muppet movies.

CountFan1998 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  4. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I hate when people refer to any puppet they see as "a Muppet".

5. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Burt is Bert's evil, Canadian/Mid Western cousin who can't control himself and has enlarged eyes.
    [​IMG]

6. mo

mo Well-Known Member

In the UK they tend to call you a muppet if your being silly or stupid.
    Am I the only one around here who remembers the deadpan muppets!?

7. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

*Bumps into thread!*

The top misnaming name of Muppet/Fraggles people do is "Gobo" can be misprounced easily and can slur it also. Plus, "Golez" the puppeteer of Gonzo/Bunsen/Boober/Philo can get misprounced too. Now that can be pretty annoying.

8. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

They call you a Moppet.

9. mo

mo Well-Known Member

no, I'm pretty sure they call me a muppet but I have been called a moppet before :p

10. Vincent L

Vincent L Well-Known Member

Gosh, someone called Robin "Kermit" again.

mo likes this.
  11. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Told you it happens. :p

I hate when people call The Swedish Chef and Beaker, Bork and Meep.

12. mo

mo Well-Known Member

Isn't meep from phineas and ferb? If I could re-name Beaker he would be called sir squeaks-a-lot! :eek:

Twisted Tails and miss kermie like this.
  13. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

LOL WUT?
    :p

mo likes this.
  14. Vincent L

Vincent L Well-Known Member

Again and again and again...

15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Why do some people today insist that Muppet Babies is anime?

16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Cuz it totally was until they switched to that ghastly Korean (or was it Taiwanese) firm. Not only was it animated in Japan, but it was animated by one of the top firms, Toei, mainly out of some deal Marvel productions had with them. They also animated G.I. Joe and Transformers in that era. Plus, there is that scene in Gonzo's Video Show where Miss Piggy totally gives the "Peace-su Peace-su" finger pose for the cameras.

17. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I heard someone misidentify Floyd as Animal yesterday. Now I can add that to the list of Muppets that have been misidentified as Animal:

Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Sweetums, Mahna Mahna, Zoot, Sam The Eagle, Crazy Harry, Thog, and Lew Zealand.

Yes, those are ALL real occurrences of Muppets being called Animal. And yes, I had sit there and PRETEND it was funny while correcting them at the same time.

CountFan1998 likes this.
  18. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Don't forget Elmo, Oscar, and Grover.

19. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Ah, yes. Animal, the "Elmo on meth" as many ignorant people would say.

CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  20. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

What makes so annoyed is when I find the comments from "Youtube" that say "he must be on weed. WHAT? No way! They don't do any substances. They just got probleams and their own minds. Grrrrrrrr!

Those people have never even try to watch Muppet-related productions (that includes Fraggle Rock). :sigh:

FunnyBear and charlietheowl like this.