Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The person thought Fraggle Rock WAS Disney though like they created Fraggle Rock. They didn't know it was Jim Henson related at all. Some of the muppets that aren't real famous I can see people not knowing those don't bother me. But I have seen the comments about if Jim Henson is still alive and it's all I can do to not go off on them.

Hubert

Reaction score
JHC recently gave away the rights to Fraggle Rock to whatever studio they were doing the movie with... I don't think they own ANYTHING Muppet-related anymore other than the Henson Alternative stuff, which, because of legal issues, we can't refer to them as "Muppets" but rather "The Jim Henson Company Puppets", which I say **** that, if they're under Henson's hand or were conceived within the company, they're "Muppets" to me.
But just to clarify, JHC still does own the Fraggles.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
"I think Steve Whitey does an excellent job with Kermit the Frog." You gotta give that person credit he/she was close. At least they knew the first name was Steve.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But just to clarify, JHC still does own the Fraggles.
I heard they gave the rights away to whatever studio they were making the movie with.
"I think Steve Whitey does an excellent job with Kermit the Frog." You gotta give that person credit he/she was close. At least they knew the first name was Steve.
Admittedly, before I became more familiar with him, I kept thinking his last name was "Whitman". Actually, I had a small number of those little mixups...

I thought Joe Raposo was "Joe Raspo"
Pam Arciero was "Pam Arcio" (admittedly, I'm still not entirely sure how Arciero is pronounced).
Fran Brill was "Fran Bill"

There's a few others I'm sure, but those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Hubert

Reaction score
I heard they gave the rights away to whatever studio they were making the movie with.
That's only the rights to the movie. JHC still owns the characters, the show, and everything else.

Pam Arciero was "Pam Arcio" (admittedly, I'm still not entirely sure how Arciero is pronounced).
I've always assumed it is "ARE-SEE-ARROW"...no idea if that's right or not...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Plus the fact they knew he did Kermit gives more merit. I can't tell you how many times some people still think it's Jim Henson. :rolleyes:

Hubert

Reaction score
The newest bit of misconception I found:

Someone complaining about how in the new movie, Selena Gomez didn't really have knowledge of who the Muppets were, even though she worked with them previously, and then went on to state that the writers obviously never watched Studio DC...