1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

LOL!

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I notice Telly, interestingly, gets hit with this from time to time, even in official summaries/synopsis for SST episodes; the more curious examples I can think of are "Teddy" and "Zelly."

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Poor Telly. So underrated even the people working at Sesame Workshop don't know who he is.

muppetgem and D'Snowth like this.
  4. D'Snowth

At least Alan says he's one of his favorite Muppets on the show.

5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

And Alison Bartlett too!

My top favorites would be in this order:
    1. Big Bird
    2. Oscar
    3. Telly
    4. Prairie Dawn
    5. Ernie

6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I painted Dr. Teeth onto a pumpkin (with a bit of help from my mom) and someone commented on Facebook, ''Wow! I love Fraggle Rock!"

7. D'Snowth

That reminds me of how when asked who his favorite TV animal is, David Hyde Pierce said it was a toss-up between "Animal from Sesame Street," or Cookie Monster.

8. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Here's an entry for Sesame Street from the book "This Year in Television, 2009: A Catalog of New and Continuing Series."

Among those listed in the "Principal Cast" are Julianne Buescher as "Sherry Netherlands" (sic), Tyler James Williams, and Bill McCutcheon as... "Uncle Dudley." I'd hardly consider Tyler James Williams part of the principal cast.

The Muppet performers are credited as "Muppet Voices," of which Julianne isn't listed (she's grouped with the human cast). And Caroll Spinney's last name is spelled with two "R's" (okay, okay, how many of us haven't gotten that one wrong?)

Another TV encyclopedia, by the same author, lists Bill Cosby, Marilyn Sokol (more specifically as her "Aunt May" character from the "Big Bird Goes to Camp" shows), Zoe Hall (who?), and voice actress Heather North (as a character called "Ellie Jane," whom I'm assuming was an animated character) as part of the main cast.

Elsewhere, it lists Miss Piggy as one of the Muppet characters featured on the show.

The entry for Muppet Babies lists Howie Mandel in the credits twice, and says that the series takes place before the Muppet became stars on Sesame Street.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  9. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

The thing that annoys me the most is when people spell Piggy's name like this:
    Mrs. Piggy.

She's not married and she's not a teacher. Don't spell it like that.

It's M-I-S-S. And that's final.

theSHE124 and gavry3 like this.
  10. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

If I had a dollar for every time someone called Snuffy an elephant, I'd be as rich as Donald Trump.

gavry3 likes this.
  11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Jeepers! Heather was the voice of Daphne Blake of Scooby-Doo fame for decades. I didn't know she voiced other characters as well.