Top Ten Episodes

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I figured it would be a fun exercise for everybody to list their favorite episodes from the show. It could be your top ten, top five, top twenty-six, whichever. I'll try to rank my top ten.

1. "Change of Address": This episode is as close as you're going to get to a perfect half-hour of television. It pulls at your heartstrings while making you laugh at the same time, and the ending of the show is just perfect. How could you not love something that wraps up with the moral of if you believe in something enough, it'll come true. Plus the closing theme is classic.
  2. "Wembley's Egg": I think that this episode is essentially the entire show squeezed into one episode. You get goofy visual gags, goofy jokes, chances to see each character in their respective jobs, a sad musical number, a funny one, a postcard, plus a visit to outer space. It's almost like a sampler of everything that made the show great.
  3. "The River Of Life": Perhaps a bit more of a serious episode than normal, but it's still an excellent one. The scene with Boober at the entrance the outer space is definitely one of the more touching moments of the show. The closing musical number is also possibly my favorite one from the series.
  4. "Boober's Quiet Day": I read a description of this episode somewhere as a farce, and I think that's a pretty accurate take on it. The entire show is stuffed with gags from the very beginning, and things just keep getting stranger and funnier as the lies keep flying.
  5. "Pebble Pox Blues": One of the cuter episodes of the show, as poor Boober has to help poor Wembley survive the onslaught of germs. Plus the scenes with Gobo sick in bed are pretty funny.
  6. "The Honk Of Honks": It was really nice to see all the worlds spotlighted throughout the series connect together, as it brought together the themes of the show in one episode.
  7. "Inspector Red": I've always liked when shows kind of break from the format a bit to stretch things, and this episode does a good job of that. Red's narration is pretty funny, plus Uncle Matt's wigs are classic.
  8. "Uncle Matt's Discovery": I really like the message of this episode: "The magic is always there, as long as we keep looking for it". Uncle Matt's struggles with overcoming his fear are something that everyone can relate to.
  9. "Red-Handed And The Invisible Thief": Another episode that is great because of the amount of gags thrown into it. There are a lot of third season episodes in this vein, and it was hard to pick from them.
  10. A tie amongst dozens of episodes, including but not limited to "The Terrible Tunnel", "I Don't Care", "Marooned", "A Friend In Need", "Red's Club", "A Cave Of One's Own", "Scared Silly", "Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water", "The Perfect Blue Rollie", "Wembley's Flight" and "Gone But Not Forgotten".
What are your favorites?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
1. Minstrels- Or any episode with Cantus. He's such a great character! Plus who doens't love let me be your song.
2. Gone But Not Forgotten- Tearjerking, but great!
3.Wembley and The Mean Genie- the Genie is hilarious!
4. Beyond The Pond- Mergless= Fasinating characters
5. River of Life- For reasons you said Charlie.
6.The Gorg Who Would Be King- I always liked Junior
7. Change of Address- Probably would have been #2, but these 6 were the first to come to my mind!
8. Beginnings- Great start
9.Wembely and the Gorgs
10. Any Cotterpin episode.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
1, the bells of fraggle rock, it's fraggles and Christmas! Can it get any better!
2, wembleys egg.
3, marooned
4, capture the moon
5, the terrible tunnel
6, the river of life
7, the minstrels
8, mokeys funeral
9, change of address
10, gobo's school for explorers

That's all off the top of my head!

Chris

animalrescuer

Reaction score
1. Gone, but not forgotten
2. Beginnings
3. The River of Life
4. Change of Address
5. The Honk of Honks
6. Pebble Pox Blues
7. The Minstrels
8. The Bells of Fraggle Rock
9. Marooned
10. A Tune for Two

These are my favorites, but it's really hard to narrow it down to just ten because a lot of the episodes are fantastic!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
1. Gone, but not forgotten
2. Beginnings
3. The River of Life
4. Change of Address
5. The Honk of Honks
6. Pebble Pox Blues
7. The Minstrels
8. The Bells of Fraggle Rock
9. Marooned
10. A Tune for Two

These are my favorites, but it's really hard to narrow it down to just ten because a lot of the episodes are fantastic!
That's a good list. I had forgotten about "The Bells Of Fraggle Rock", which I don't know how, because I absolutely love the holiday season. "There's A Promise" might be my favorite song from the entire series.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
I figured it would be a fun exercise for everybody to list their favorite episodes from the show. It could be your top ten, top five, top twenty-six, whichever. I'll try to rank my top ten.

What are your favorites?
Ah, a post from a year ago, asking about our top ten episodes or more. I'll stick to my top 10, just to make it interesting. So many favorite episodes... Oh No! I feel another wembling fit coming on. :coy:

Excuse me for a moment...

... minutes pass ...

(gosh, this is tough, but I'm getting there)

... more minutes pass ...

(you notice your hair is turning gray)

... tick tick tick tick ...

(you actually still here, wow)

... ok, ok, I got it, I think ...

1. The Minstrels
2. Mokey And The Minstrels
3. The Bells of Fraggle Rock
4. The Honk of Honks
5. Change of Address
6. Red's Sea Monster
7. Scared Silly
8. The Battle of Leaking Roof
9. I Want To Be You
10. Wembley's Flight

The first 5 I listed are definitely my most favorite. But there's my possible top 10 list as I couldn't decide, really. :coy: I could of gone Top 20. Oh what the heck, could of gone top 30. /lol There are just so many of them.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
1) Marooned
2) A Tune for Two
3) The Beast of Blue Rock
4) Mokey, Then and Now, The River of Life, The Honk of Honks, A Change of Address (Couldn't decide on which one)
5) Boober's Dream, The Garden Plot, The Bells of Fraggle Rock (Couldn't decide on which one)
6) Bored Stiff, The Terrible Tunnel, Capture the Moon
7) A Friend in Need, Beyond the Pond
8) Pebble Pox Blues, Boober Gorg, Sidebottom Blues
9) The Thirty-Minute Work Week
10) Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water
It took me a long time to come up with this list, because I like almost all of the episodes.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It took me a long time to come up with this list, because I like almost all of the episodes.
I remember having the same problem when I came up with my list. There are only two episodes of the show I remember disliking during my first run-through of the series (Doozer Is As Doozer Does because it had nearly no Fraggles and Believe It Or Not because I just didn't like the plot). That left 94 to narrow down!

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
I remember having the same problem when I came up with my list. There are only two episodes of the show I remember disliking during my first run-through of the series (Doozer Is As Doozer Does because it had nearly no Fraggles and Believe It Or Not because I just didn't like the plot). That left 94 to narrow down!
For some reason, the scene from The Minstrels came to my mind just now, when Mokey told Red she had 4 songs to choose from, then Red said, "Wait till you get to 5". :dreamy::excited:

I think I had less than 94 though after I knocked out some. If I don't find an older thread discussing disliked episodes as I continue going through these older forums, that might make an interesting thread to start later on to keep things rolling on the Fraggle Rock forums. :wink:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
For some reason, the scene from The Minstrels came to my mind just now, when Mokey told Red she had 4 songs to choose from, then Red said, "Wait till you get to 5". :dreamy::excited:

I think I had less than 94 though after I knocked out some. If I don't find an older thread discussing disliked episodes as I continue going through these older forums, that might make an interesting thread to start later on to keep things rolling on the Fraggle Rock forums. :wink:
I love that episode! One of my top ten favorites after "Marooned" and "The River of Life"

I remembered that Red didn't understand what Cantus was saying since she can't find her song yet. Gobo later in the show gets confused with him in "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" (also my favorite episode). Otherwise, I hipe you're having a great summer. This heatwave wants me want to go for a swim, but I can't do it cause I am no go swimmer at all. (sighs)! I wish the heat would go away soon. Ugh!