1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Top Ten Episodes

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by charlietheowl, Oct 2, 2011.

1. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I figured it would be a fun exercise for everybody to list their favorite episodes from the show. It could be your top ten, top five, top twenty-six, whichever. I'll try to rank my top ten.

1. "Change of Address": This episode is as close as you're going to get to a perfect half-hour of television. It pulls at your heartstrings while making you laugh at the same time, and the ending of the show is just perfect. How could you not love something that wraps up with the moral of if you believe in something enough, it'll come true. Plus the closing theme is classic.
    2. "Wembley's Egg": I think that this episode is essentially the entire show squeezed into one episode. You get goofy visual gags, goofy jokes, chances to see each character in their respective jobs, a sad musical number, a funny one, a postcard, plus a visit to outer space. It's almost like a sampler of everything that made the show great.
    3. "The River Of Life": Perhaps a bit more of a serious episode than normal, but it's still an excellent one. The scene with Boober at the entrance the outer space is definitely one of the more touching moments of the show. The closing musical number is also possibly my favorite one from the series.
    4. "Boober's Quiet Day": I read a description of this episode somewhere as a farce, and I think that's a pretty accurate take on it. The entire show is stuffed with gags from the very beginning, and things just keep getting stranger and funnier as the lies keep flying.
    5. "Pebble Pox Blues": One of the cuter episodes of the show, as poor Boober has to help poor Wembley survive the onslaught of germs. Plus the scenes with Gobo sick in bed are pretty funny.
    6. "The Honk Of Honks": It was really nice to see all the worlds spotlighted throughout the series connect together, as it brought together the themes of the show in one episode.
    7. "Inspector Red": I've always liked when shows kind of break from the format a bit to stretch things, and this episode does a good job of that. Red's narration is pretty funny, plus Uncle Matt's wigs are classic.
    8. "Uncle Matt's Discovery": I really like the message of this episode: "The magic is always there, as long as we keep looking for it". Uncle Matt's struggles with overcoming his fear are something that everyone can relate to.
    9. "Red-Handed And The Invisible Thief": Another episode that is great because of the amount of gags thrown into it. There are a lot of third season episodes in this vein, and it was hard to pick from them.
    10. A tie amongst dozens of episodes, including but not limited to "The Terrible Tunnel", "I Don't Care", "Marooned", "A Friend In Need", "Red's Club", "A Cave Of One's Own", "Scared Silly", "Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water", "The Perfect Blue Rollie", "Wembley's Flight" and "Gone But Not Forgotten".
    What are your favorites?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

1. Minstrels- Or any episode with Cantus. He's such a great character! Plus who doens't love let me be your song.
    2. Gone But Not Forgotten- Tearjerking, but great!
    3.Wembley and The Mean Genie- the Genie is hilarious!
    4. Beyond The Pond- Mergless= Fasinating characters
    5. River of Life- For reasons you said Charlie.
    6.The Gorg Who Would Be King- I always liked Junior
    7. Change of Address- Probably would have been #2, but these 6 were the first to come to my mind!
    8. Beginnings- Great start
    9.Wembely and the Gorgs
    10. Any Cotterpin episode.
    Atomic Rexx likes this.
  3. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

1, the bells of fraggle rock, it's fraggles and Christmas! Can it get any better!
    2, wembleys egg.
    3, marooned
    4, capture the moon
    5, the terrible tunnel
    6, the river of life
    7, the minstrels
    8, mokeys funeral
    9, change of address
    10, gobo's school for explorers

That's all off the top of my head!

Chris
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

1. Gone, but not forgotten
    2. Beginnings
    3. The River of Life
    4. Change of Address
    5. The Honk of Honks
    6. Pebble Pox Blues
    7. The Minstrels
    8. The Bells of Fraggle Rock
    9. Marooned
    10. A Tune for Two

These are my favorites, but it's really hard to narrow it down to just ten because a lot of the episodes are fantastic!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. charlietheowl

That's a good list. I had forgotten about "The Bells Of Fraggle Rock", which I don't know how, because I absolutely love the holiday season. "There's A Promise" might be my favorite song from the entire series.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Tom Fraggle

Tom Fraggle Active Member

Ah, a post from a year ago, asking about our top ten episodes or more. I'll stick to my top 10, just to make it interesting. So many favorite episodes... Oh No! I feel another wembling fit coming on. :coy:

Excuse me for a moment...

... minutes pass ...

(gosh, this is tough, but I'm getting there)

... more minutes pass ...

(you notice your hair is turning gray)

... tick tick tick tick ...

(you actually still here, wow)

... ok, ok, I got it, I think ...

1. The Minstrels
    2. Mokey And The Minstrels
    3. The Bells of Fraggle Rock
    4. The Honk of Honks
    5. Change of Address
    6. Red's Sea Monster
    7. Scared Silly
    8. The Battle of Leaking Roof
    9. I Want To Be You
    10. Wembley's Flight

The first 5 I listed are definitely my most favorite. But there's my possible top 10 list as I couldn't decide, really. :coy: I could of gone Top 20. Oh what the heck, could of gone top 30. /lol There are just so many of them.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

1) Marooned
    2) A Tune for Two
    3) The Beast of Blue Rock
    4) Mokey, Then and Now, The River of Life, The Honk of Honks, A Change of Address (Couldn't decide on which one)
    5) Boober's Dream, The Garden Plot, The Bells of Fraggle Rock (Couldn't decide on which one)
    6) Bored Stiff, The Terrible Tunnel, Capture the Moon
    7) A Friend in Need, Beyond the Pond
    8) Pebble Pox Blues, Boober Gorg, Sidebottom Blues
    9) The Thirty-Minute Work Week
    10) Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water
    It took me a long time to come up with this list, because I like almost all of the episodes.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. charlietheowl

I remember having the same problem when I came up with my list. There are only two episodes of the show I remember disliking during my first run-through of the series (Doozer Is As Doozer Does because it had nearly no Fraggles and Believe It Or Not because I just didn't like the plot). That left 94 to narrow down!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. Tom Fraggle

For some reason, the scene from The Minstrels came to my mind just now, when Mokey told Red she had 4 songs to choose from, then Red said, "Wait till you get to 5". :dreamy::excited:

I think I had less than 94 though after I knocked out some. If I don't find an older thread discussing disliked episodes as I continue going through these older forums, that might make an interesting thread to start later on to keep things rolling on the Fraggle Rock forums. ;)
    GopherCoffee and Dominicboo1 like this.
  10. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I love that episode! One of my top ten favorites after "Marooned" and "The River of Life"

I remembered that Red didn't understand what Cantus was saying since she can't find her song yet. Gobo later in the show gets confused with him in "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" (also my favorite episode). Otherwise, I hipe you're having a great summer. This heatwave wants me want to go for a swim, but I can't do it cause I am no go swimmer at all. (sighs)! I wish the heat would go away soon. Ugh!
  11. Tom Fraggle

The summer is going by too fast. Other than that, I'm enjoying it. As for swimming, just get a small kiddie pool, put some water in it and have fun. :coy:
  12. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Well, some of my least favorite are The Preachification of Convincing John, Wembley and the Mean Genie, and The Wizard of Fraggle Rock are the episodes that I don't like.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Hmmmm so many! Okay well here are 10 of my favorites in no particular order!

1. Wonder Mountain
    2. Cave of One's Own
    3. Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water
    4. Mokey Then and Now
    5. The Secret Society of Poobahs
    6. I Want to Be You
    7. Manny's Land of Carpets
    8. The Beanbarrow, the Burden, and the Bright Bouquet
    9. I Don't Care
    10. Gobo's School for Explorers

These are just some of my favorites. I really, really wanted to throw in Inspector Red, Playing till it Hurts and the Grapes of Generosity and about a dozen more...Brush with Jealousy is also fantastic! I love them all...but I tried to throw some up here that hadn't been mentioned AND also happened to be my favorites.

So yeah! It's 10...only 10 of MY favorites and not so much a TOP 10. I don't think there's really such a thing for me. Too hard!
    Atomic Rexx and GopherCoffee like this.
  14. charlietheowl

Mokey Then And Now confuses the heck out of me trying to wrap my head around the time travel part. Mokey, Wembley, and Boober went back in time and created Fraggle Rock itself? I suppose it's just one of those things.
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It's no more confusing than your average Star Trek episode involving time travel, lol. :p
    charlietheowl likes this.
  16. Tom Fraggle

I always thought it was Mokey, Wembley, & Boober setting them on the path to be the Fraggles whom we have come to love and adore today. After all, it was Mokey who taught them that singing, playing, and having fun was okay. Otherwise, we'd still have a bunch of bald headed Fraggles who don't know the meaning of having fun hanging around in the Great Hall instead. Now that's a scary thought.

Still cracks me up that Gobo means, "Take off your hat!"
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. charlietheowl

Such a distinguished name, haha. :smirk:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

I love Noodlenose. That little squeak of a laugh he lets out in the part where Mokey is explaining what they have just said is adorable! I LOVE it!

But that whole episode is tremendous. If nothing else, to watch Mokey's inspired dance moves and NO NECK! lol
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. Dominicboo1

Not as bad as Wembley's which is "No Scratch nose in public!"
  20. Dominicboo1

If only for Fishface, and how unfeeling he is compared to the modern Fragles.! Really laughing is forbidden with such silly names!