top ten things you hope to learn in TMS season 1

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With the muppet show complete season 1 DVD coming out in a few weeks I was wondering if anybody would like to list the top ten things that you hope to learn on the DVD, either on the Muppet Morsels or any other feature.

here is my top ten:

1. What each individual member of The Goggolalla jubilee jugband was called in the scripts.
2. Why the Goggolalla Jubilee Jugband was replaced with a different jugband.
3. Who performed the Robot kermit in scenes where he appeared with regular kermit (I am guessing that Jim Henson did the actual performing of kermit in all scenes except the one where the robot is in Miss Piggys dressing room).
4. who performed the gorrillia in the Muppet Labs: Gorrillia detector skit (I am guessing either Jim Henson or John Lovelady).
5. why the muppet news skit where the newsman announces that there is no news tonight was used in two different episodes (rita moreno and avery schriver).
6. why the conversation panels were dropped after the first season.
7. why john Lovelady took over the role of nigel the conductor from jim henson.
8. the reason why John Lovelady stopped performing on The Muppet Show.
9. Why Miss Piggy and Mildred both had two performers.
10. if Jerry Nelson had trouble performing Thog in a similar way to why he gave up performing mr. Snuffleupagus (Jerry nelson did stop performing snuffy around the same time that the muppet show began, and thog only spoke in a few episodes).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ha, this is kind of cool. My questions would end up being very frivolous compared to yours.

I think I can answer number 9, though, about Piggy, based on what I've read. Piggy was being passed around between Frank Oz and Richard Hunt, because at first Frank wasn't comfortable singing Piggy's voice. But when it became apparant she was becoming a core member of the Muppets, Frank Oz stuck with her (and man, he certainly got comfortable singing her voice **cough MTM Muppet babies**). Frank Oz would end up with two major characters also, which I believe was another reason why she was being passed around.

I don't know if that's right, but that's what I understand from what I've read. If it helps.

I'll have to come back and add what I hope to learn.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the season 1 set has been released, and the only one of my questions that was even answered was why the converation panels were dropped (althouhg i could be wrong and this info could be about a talk spot). it was said that the panels were dropped because the guest stars were eventually being used backstage more.