1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Tough Pigs Frank Oz interview part one

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by dwayne1115, Mar 12, 2018.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

MuppetsRule likes this.
  2. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

It's always a good read when Frank is interviewed; such an intelligent man with an honest soul in an industry of $, as all the Muppeteers are.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

LOL! Frank trolled Tough Pigs! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if that phone "breaking up" when "the camel" is asked about was planned by Oz and Tough Pigs before the interview (as in, they expected that to happen) or if that's his way of avoiding things he doesn't want to talk about (maybe the documentary sheds some light on that, Tough Pigs clearly saw it already but most of us haven't) and did so unexpectedly.

Of course he does that when Harvey Kneeslapper is brought up, as if he doesn't like talking about him, but then when TP said they don't have to Oz did talk about the character.

5. Blue Frackle

What is The Camel?

6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

The what?

Froggy Fool and dwayne1115 like this.
  7. Blue Frackle

Where is my dislike button:D

8. dwayne1115

I think the camel bit is an inside joke from the movie.

This interview was great because Frakes dives into the current state of Piggy and Animal, and he also shares his thought about Eric Jacobson wich I don't think I've ever heard him talk about before.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  9. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

I love this interview. It's great hearing Frank talking about the Muppets again publically. I'm really excited for MGT to come out to see some of the stuff TP was talking about.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  10. dwayne1115

11. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

LittleJerry92 and Blue Frackle like this.
  12. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

13. Blue Frackle

LittleJerryFan92 is actually Frank.

14. Blue Frackle

It's weird he mentioned Don Music was one of his favorite characters but he hates dead Muppets.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  15. dwayne1115

I find it interesting how Disney has treated Frank.

LittleJerry92 and Blue Frackle like this.
  16. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

After giving that article a read, I gotta give Frank props for his trolling humor with Tough Pigs.

17. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You bet I am. :p

In seriousness though, that was cool he admitted to being a fan. Given that he's probably done some puppeteering for their songs too, I can see why.

18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I don't think he fully explained what a "dead Muppet" is, I kinda assumed one who was taken off the show because they didn't exactly work out and who the performers don't like talking about (though many performers have talked about a lot of their old characters in interviews), if that's the case, I don't think Don Music would really count as a dead Muppet. He stopped appearing because Richard Hunt died, and then they stopped showing his old segments because of imitable behavior, not because the character didn;t work well. Would you say that other discontinued Richard Hunt characters like Forgetful Jones and Placedo Flamingo are "dead Muppets"?

Blue Frackle likes this.