ToughPigs - Book Club

ToughPigsJoe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just posted the Sesame Street book "Grover's Bad, Awful Day" on ToughPigs. I'm encouraging everyone to read it and sent their funny comments to me to be posted on our site in a week or two.

Feel free to visit our forum with your comments or e-mail them directly to me. And if you're not up for that, just read the book and enjoy!

http://toughpigs.com/2009/01/grovers-bad-awful-book-club.html

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The book was great! I love reading all of the hilarious comments people come up with... I'd send in my own, but I don't know if I'm funny enough/have enough time. :stick_out_tongue:

Love this new Tough Pigs/MC union thing you're going for here, Joe! Good stuff!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yay, this was always one of my favorite SS books and I thankfully still have it! I'll have to see if I can make any witty observations, haha.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It's a cute book! I had some books from this same era I think, but I didn't have this one. Poor Grover. Just wanted to give him a hug. :smile:

The Narrator

Reaction score
Some of the forum comments are pretty good indeed. I know I had a few Sesame Street books in my youth, but this wasn't one. ...And the only book I distinctly remember is Grover's "Monster at the End of this Book." That hasn't been covered by the book club yet, has it?

BlakeMP

Reaction score
Some of the forum comments are pretty good indeed. I know I had a few Sesame Street books in my youth, but this wasn't one. ...And the only book I distinctly remember is Grover's "Monster at the End of this Book." That hasn't been covered by the book club yet, has it?
Ah, I remember that volume. One of the greatest epic tales of struggle and survival ever committed to the page! :super:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember when TP's Book Club covered The Cookie Tree; so funny lol. And you know I was looking at my official Preschool photo the other day and recieved a shock. They had us each sitting at a table with a book open (so it looked like we were reading, haha :wink: ). And I now notice I was sitting with that very book! I still remember that I didn't even get a moment to look at it, the photo shoot happened so quickly, hehe. Glad I was finally able to read it online. :insatiable:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Fantastic. I L:flirt:VE the TP Book Club. I really think it's a very valuable resource to Muppet fans who never got to see some of these gems. Thanks, Joe!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I remember when TP's Book Club covered The Cookie Tree; so funny lol. And you know I was looking at my official Preschool photo the other day and recieved a shock. They had us each sitting at a table with a book open (so it looked like we were reading). And I now notice I was sitting with that very book! I still remember that I didn't even get a moment to look at it, the photo shoot happened so quickly, hehe. Glad I was finally able to read it online.
*lol* Well, The Cookie Tree especially was a big part of my childhood so I can't really enjoy the idea of it being picked on. It's a talking tree classic :excited:! :smile: