1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

ToughPigs - Book Club

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by ToughPigsJoe, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ToughPigsJoe New Member

Hi all,

I just posted the Sesame Street book "Grover's Bad, Awful Day" on ToughPigs. I'm encouraging everyone to read it and sent their funny comments to me to be posted on our site in a week or two.

Feel free to visit our forum with your comments or e-mail them directly to me. And if you're not up for that, just read the book and enjoy!

http://toughpigs.com/2009/01/grovers-bad-awful-book-club.html
  2. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

The book was great! I love reading all of the hilarious comments people come up with... I'd send in my own, but I don't know if I'm funny enough/have enough time. :p

Love this new Tough Pigs/MC union thing you're going for here, Joe! Good stuff!
  3. heralde Well-Known Member

Yay, this was always one of my favorite SS books and I thankfully still have it! I'll have to see if I can make any witty observations, haha.
  4. redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

It's a cute book! I had some books from this same era I think, but I didn't have this one. Poor Grover. Just wanted to give him a hug. :)
  5. The Narrator New Member

Some of the forum comments are pretty good indeed. I know I had a few Sesame Street books in my youth, but this wasn't one. ...And the only book I distinctly remember is Grover's "Monster at the End of this Book." That hasn't been covered by the book club yet, has it?
  6. heralde Well-Known Member

I don't think so, but it definitely should be! :super:
  7. BlakeMP New Member

Ah, I remember that volume. One of the greatest epic tales of struggle and survival ever committed to the page! :super:
  8. heralde Well-Known Member

I remember when TP's Book Club covered The Cookie Tree; so funny lol. And you know I was looking at my official Preschool photo the other day and recieved a shock. They had us each sitting at a table with a book open (so it looked like we were reading, haha ;) ). And I now notice I was sitting with that very book! I still remember that I didn't even get a moment to look at it, the photo shoot happened so quickly, hehe. Glad I was finally able to read it online. :insatiable:
  9. Vic Romano Active Member

Fantastic. I L:flirt:VE the TP Book Club. I really think it's a very valuable resource to Muppet fans who never got to see some of these gems. Thanks, Joe!
  10. Redsonga Active Member

*lol* Well, The Cookie Tree especially was a big part of my childhood so I can't really enjoy the idea of it being picked on. It's a talking tree classic :excited:! :)
  11. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah my friend said the same thing about TP's commentary of The Christmas Toy, lol. Most of the time I enjoy the TP commentaries a lot, but so far it's been books I've never seen before. So it will be interesting to see how this one feels, hehe. :super:
  12. Redsonga Active Member

I just don't have much of a sense of humor with things that date back to when I was a baby that I remember learning to read from I think..People show their love in different ways of course, but... To me SS books live in a golden book bubble away from being judged:). Of course they are unrealistic, that is the point :3. Silly for its own sake, like the fraggle pov :)
  13. heralde Well-Known Member

I'm surprised I actually do enjoy TP's commentaries as much as I do, lol. I don't mind parody humor like that if it's at least partially in good fun (and you know, if it's genuinely funny ;) ). It's weird but you can love something, and still laugh at the inconsistencies.

But like I said, I have friends who really can't enjoy that stuff. It's a matter of personal taste. :)
  14. Redsonga Active Member

I like it for some things, but not others. I think I have gotten more picky about what sort of joking I can take in my old age *lol*:). To me there are so many truly bad things you could make fun of that muppety things don't really need it IMHO :3.
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

Well that's certainly true, hehe. ;)

I have this conversation with my Dad a lot actually. He thinks nitpicking is kind of an insult to a movie, because he thinks you're missing the point of the story. I try to explain that it's not meant in a serious manner. You're not making fun of it because it's bad, but because you do like it. It's hard to explain. I guess it's like when people tease their friends in a good natured way.