ToughPigs Gone?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Somehow no matter how many times I read their commentaries, I still laugh out out everytime, lol.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I joined once, but they made fun of one of my music videos in a not funny way so I never felt like going back...the 'rules' to put me off, as 'presumptuous' means different things to different people -.-
There is too much of an 'you're with us or against us' feeling and too many ways to fall into the 'against' pile IMHO :frown:

ToughPigsJoe

Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks for the concern! We had some behind-the-scenes problems last night and we're working on getting the site back up as soon as possible. Rest assured, ToughPigs isn't gone, and everything will be back to normal before you know it.

Blumonkeyboy

Reaction score
Did Tough Pigs close?

Did it close? when i go to it i get somthing about contacting the support.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks for the concern! We had some behind-the-scenes problems last night and we're working on getting the site back up as soon as possible. Rest assured, ToughPigs isn't gone, and everything will be back to normal before you know it.
Joe is the man! Are you sure your not Joe the Plumber?

PrawnRR

Reaction score
Hey, Blumonkeyboy, I'm Ryan from Tough Pigs... You may have already seen this other thread on the subject, but the short answer is, Tough Pigs is not closed... We're not sure what the issue with the site is, but we're hoping to have it worked out soon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I admit that my relationship with TP has been shaky through the years. It's a bit cliquey over there so I've never felt welcome and that's that.
Well, MC's got its own share of cliques, you know.

Convincing John

Reaction score
(I got tired of waiting for them to update those "Playing with Dolls" comics)
If you check out Tough Pigs when it comes back up, Smig made some new drawings for the site. I like the new logo featuring the nervous Kermit and the Pigs in Space crew. That Link just cracks me up!

The "Playing With Dolls" comics are indeed awesomely wonderful...I felt like it was a comic drawn just for me. I printed out one of 'em and put it on my fridge.

I enjoy reading the articles, anthologies, "My Week With..." and other articles...for the most part. The only thing I really don't agree with is the pro-Elmo/anti-Dark Crystal attitude of some of the articles. (I'm at the oppisite end of the spectrum).

Although I visit the Forum often, I've only posted there maybe twice. I just haven't had the time to post there...even here I don't have the time to post much. I think I'm more apt to post here because I've been a member here longer (since the old Delphi Forum days in 1998).

As for TP being "eletist" and "cliquey", I don't know about that. Some of their running gags are jabs at MC ("Do you have the original 1975 clip of Fur?"), etc. I also remember reading a song posted there years ago "Don't Visit Muppet Central", which contained references to members here at MC...it wasn't pretty.

However, the couple times I did post there, the members were nice to me, said hello and didn't give me the brush off, so whatever, I guess. Plus...Danny did watch "Buddy" once while eating Lucky Charms. Now that's bravery! You just gotta admire a guy who's been through something like that. (Krusty the Clown impression: "(Groan!) I'm gonna be tasin' that for weeks!")

Of course keep in mind that some TPers are MCers and some MCers are TPers...so watch out if you flame someone from the other site...you could be flaming your "own kind!" I'd suggest disagreeing without using flamethrowers or blowtorches. ("I'd use paper towels...hee hee hee!").

ToughPigsJoe, thanks for the update...and if it ever comes to pass, I would love to see the return of the "Playing With Dolls" strip. If it doesn't come back, I'd like to at least see what "Oz, Frankly" is about (its mentioned underneath the last 'Playing With Dolls' strip). Was it something finished but not posted?

Convincing John

ToughPigsJoe

Reaction score
I'm with you guys, I'd love to see more Playing With Dolls. Unfortunately, those were all written by Danny, and he hasn't been able to contribute to ToughPigs much in the last year and a half or so. And though Ryan and I have taken over TP duty, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking Playing With Dolls away from its original creator. That said, maybe we can convince Danny and Smig to bring it back for a limited series some day.

Also, I'll try not to use the term "TP duty" ever again.