1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

ToughPigs: Steve Whitmire interview

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by ToughPigsJoe, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ToughPigsJoe

ToughPigsJoe New Member

Heya Muppet Centralites! I'm sure most of you have already seen this, but I wanted to stop by and share the interview we recently had with Steve Whitmire. As I said back when I talked about our write-ups of the Letters to Santa set visit, the best part about all of this is that we have the opportunity to share everything with the fan communities.

http://toughpigs.com/2008/10/my-week-with-steve-day-1.html
    http://toughpigs.com/2008/10/my-week-with-steve-day-2.html
    http://toughpigs.com/2008/10/my-week-with-steve-day-3.html
    http://toughpigs.com/2008/10/my-week-with-steve-day-4.html
    http://toughpigs.com/2008/10/my-week-with-steve-day-5.html
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Hey Joe! I want to say you did a great job on this interview! I loved reading it so much. I think it really shows who Steve really is, and what he really cares about.

He said in the interview that he would love to comment on things here and on your site. Do you think he would like to do something like what we have with Muppet Writer Jim Lewis? Everyone posts questions for Jim, and me and one other membere takes turns in sending the questions. Then we post the answers from Jim on the therad. It would be a wonderful way for Steve to connect more to the fans like it seems he kind of wants to. What do you think?
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the interview and quoted a few parts in our Richard Hunt thread, lol. And just wanted to say I always enjoy Tough Pigs commentaries on Muppet specials and books and Ugly Toy contests. ;)
  4. ToughPigsJoe

ToughPigsJoe New Member

Thanks, Dwayne!

If I get a chance to talk to Steve again, I'll gladly ask him if he'd like to do a regular catch-up with some user-submitted questions. Likewise, we're hoping to get some more interviews in the near future where we'll open it up to questions from our readers.

And by the by, I really do love the Ask Jim Lewis thread. He's such a great sport for answering everyone's questions so regularly.
  5. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

Thanks for posting the interview joe. it was very interesting, and entertaining.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That is an amazing interview! It is not only very cool that you landed it, but you also knew what questions to ask. I used to hear that Steve didn't really have much to do with the internet some years ago, but he seems pretty savvy now. Thank you Joe for bringing all of us fans probably the best and comprehensive Muppeteer interview in a decade. :coy:
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Fantastic interview Joe, beyond fantastic. Well done!
  8. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I've been following this and thanks so much, Joe. You and the TP gang are doing wonderful things over there and this has been fantastic. Great great job!
  9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe! and when and if you get some more interviews pass that idea a long ti whom ever, and see how it goes.
  10. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

That... was... AWESOME!

You never see real, candid responses like that anymore, from anybody! Really great to get a NEW inside look at the Muppets and Muppeteers and their relationship with Disney, all the new stuff.

Thanks so much for posting this!
    :)
    Anthony
  11. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Hey Joe! I've been following this all week; it's really been a fantastic interview. He's so honest about what's going and and it's so refreshing. And it's good to know that he's involved in the fan community! Thanks so much for sharing. ^^

~ Pepper
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Really nice interview! Really loved and had a lot of fun reading it! Keep up the good work!
  13. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

That was great! (Scooter fist);)

It's always wonderful to hear what the Muppeteers have to say about upcoming projects, their work with Jim Henson and their interest in the fans.

Steve visits here from time to time, it seems. Well, if he's reading this, hooray for you, Steve! You're one of the best!:coy:

Hooray to you, Joe! Tough Pigs is a great site, one of my all time favorites. The articles, new and old are a blast to read. I love the Ugly Toy Pageant, too. My favorite part is the Comics section, even though it hasn't been updated in a Gorg's age. (I still wonder what the comic entitled "Oz, Frankly" was about). I love Smig's work, Danny's work...heck, all of your work.

I can't wait to see "Letters to Santa". I'm even more excited about it now that I've read the interview with Steve!

Anyone heard when/which channel "Letters to Santa" will be on?

Convincing John
  14. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

December 17th on NBC! :zany:

What an AWESOME interview! So informative and just all-around awesome! Such good stuff coming from Steve! He's awesome! Thanks for showing us the interview, Joe!
  15. The Captain

The Captain New Member

Just wanted to add my thanks for the fantastic interview - I was enjoying the week long publishing so much that on a trip to London on the Thursday I "tuned in" to the site via my iphone to read the next post...sad I know...

And thanks for the Letters coverage too, great to know that some real fans managed to get onto the set to see some Muppet magic up close!