Tour poster from Muppets Most Wanted coming soon

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Absolutely loved this from what I could make out on the first promo images, the colours the composition, the Muppet Show logo(!!!)...

I really don't like the illustrations now I've seen it properly, it could and should have been done better. Don't get me wrong, sign me up for buying it, but I wished for so much more :frown:

Just my opinion so please don't hate on my view...pretty please!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Absolutely loved this from what I could make out on the first promo images, the colours the composition, the Muppet Show logo(!!!)...

I really don't like the illustrations now I've seen it properly, it could and should have been done better. Don't get me wrong, sign me up for buying it, but I wished for so much more :frown:

Just my opinion so please don't hate on my view...pretty please!

Good eye. That was my reaction too. This is just the usual clip art arranged in a Photoshop collage and run through Corel Painter. :wink:

It's like a commendable year-one art school assignment, but with freaky-looking Kermit hands. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I really don't like the illustrations now I've seen it properly, it could and should have been done better.
If you mean that the characters were not drawn as beautifully as they could have been, I see what you mean, and I don't count it against you. I noticed the same thing, but I didn't think of that as a flaw. The way I see it, it's done as an old-time vaudevillian poster (complete with that beautiful logo!) and those were not artistic masterpieces. The characters are slightly cheesily drawn, because artwork that's too good would be out of character.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Beautiful Poster, Sort of agree with some of the others that the Illustrations don't look Too Good. But Still doesn't affect how Brilliant the poster actually is. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you mean that the characters were not drawn as beautifully as they could have been, I see what you mean, and I don't count it against you. I noticed the same thing, but I didn't think of that as a flaw. The way I see it, it's done as an old-time vaudevillian poster (complete with that beautiful logo!) and those were not artistic masterpieces. The characters are slightly cheesily drawn, because artwork that's too good would be out of character.

It has a wonderfully campy 1970's feel to it too. Looks like it came from an early Muppets picture book. But over all, artistic merits or not, we surely can commend them for making a replica of the poster from the movie that still looks better than most of the promotional material that we're seeing.

mr3urious

Reaction score
What a gorgeous poster! It almost has a Drew Struzan quality to it! :smile:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
This is wonderful definitely better than the promo posters we've been seeing and It has Robin, Lew Zealand and Crazy Harry and that makes it even better also loving the hand drawn look to does feel like the movie posters of old. I will be buying this when its coming out.