Touring a Muppet workshop

bort

Reaction score
or Studio, or Creature Shop, or museum or whatever! My wife and I want to take a vacation and a place like this is where we want to visit. I could have sworn there was something in Tennessee but maybe that was years ago. any help and links would be much appreciated!

Kelso

Reaction score
Try the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta. They have a Henson exhibit right now.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
or Studio, or Creature Shop, or museum or whatever! My wife and I want to take a vacation and a place like this is where we want to visit. I could have sworn there was something in Tennessee but maybe that was years ago. any help and links would be much appreciated!
Maybe you're thinking of the Jim Henson Boyhood (?) Museum in Leland, Mississippi? MC member Fozzie Bear (Kevin) visited a few years ago, and posted a lot of pictures on his blog; looks to be a smallish exhibit of Jim's early years there, filled with lots of Henson memorabilia. I know I'd love to go someday! :big_grin:

But yeah, as Kelso said above, try tracking down the Jim Henson's Fantastic World (is that the correct name?) traveling exhibit. Seems to be the largest most all-encompassing current exhibit. My Mom took me to a traveling exhibit near San Francisco when I was a teenager... still one of the best of memories in my collection. :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
For the record, Jim Henson's Fantastic World is done touring. It ended in NY last month (I'm glad I got to see it when I did).

WillyThePig

Reaction score
The Henson exhibit was coming Fresno but the museum shut down due to budget cuts like two months before it got here I was so disappointed, I would have loved to see it