Toy Fair '07

Foodie

Reaction score
Is anybody affilliated to this forum at this year's Toy Fair? I'm curious if there's gonna be any new fraggle stuff this year.

Nick:smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... There is someone here on this board you could talk to about that. Try contacting via E-mail or PM the member known as matleo, he's usually going there to perform his own brand of puppetry at the booths and has gotten some rather decent insider coverage through the last few years. Hope this helps.

Foodie

Reaction score
The Count said:
Actually... There is someone here on this board you could talk to about that. Try contacting via E-mail or PM the member known as matleo, he's usually going there to perform his own brand of puppetry at the booths and has gotten some rather decent insider coverage through the last few years. Hope this helps.
Was he at the show that had the Sababa Mokey & Traveling Matt prototypes from a few years back?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he was... Though you'd have to talk to him directly to confirm that.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Update me when you get some info... i'd love to know... n i'd hate to badger someone witht he same questions.

matleo

Reaction score
no need to PM. I'm right here!!! I'm actually doing my day at Toy Fair tommorow. gonna be a long day and I don't know how much time I'll have to look around, but if I see anything I'll let you know. Sadly, I'm only doing one day with Folkmanis this year (due to scheduling difficulties), but like I said if I get a chance to poke around I will.

As some of you may know, Sababa has gooten harder and harder to get close to over the years. The first year or two they hadthis small booth and they had no problem with people walking up and taking a look at stuff. Two years ago it had gotten a littlke harder. last year, I'm not kidding, they set-up a fortress. It was crazy.

I'm going to see if I can at least get down to the MR booth to say hi to Travis and check out Animal and Gonzo if I can.

Did I also mention that I met Bob last year? Really nice guy. We actually had a lot to talk about since my wife is a music teacher, I'm a puppeteer and we both we lived in NJ. Yeah he was cool!

ok, gotta hit the sack now. But I'll post tommorow when I get in and let you guys know if I saw anything. And oh yeah, it probably won't be until late that I get in (about 10pm EST).....probably be closer to 11 by the time I eat, unwind and can get on the internet. See you all later.

--Matt

matleo

Reaction score
hey gang,

got back a little while ago. toy Fair was pretty cool. Folkamnis has some nifty new stuff (as always). I was able to get over to Sababa and I was able to peek inside however, sadly, all I saw for Fraggles was the same stuff that's already been produced. Gobo, Red, Wembley and Boober. Nothin' new to report I'm afraid. but don't give up hope quite yet. Remember the movie is still a ways off so they could still do some stuff possibly. We'll have to wait and see.

Got down to the MR booth to see travs who looks to be doing well. Didn't get too much of a chnce to talk to him. When i saw hi this morning, he seemed pretty tired and when I saw him again at lunch, he was more awake but racing off to meet some press people. So we didn't really get to talk. The only Muppet they had to display was Kermit. Hopefully I'll get to see Animal and Gonzo next year.

Sorry there isn't more to report but, that's just kinda how things were this year. Hoping 2008 will bring more stuff.

Talk to you later.

--Matt

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Bummer :frown:

Although, i had some luck in some fourms from the toy fair with Spider-Man 3 figs and Fantastic Four 2 figs.

I was REALLY hopin to hear about the 3 big Fraggles that are rumored to pop up around Spring.

Much Thanks Though :smile:

Telly

Reaction score
matleo said:
Hopefully I'll get to see Animal and Gonzo next year.
Wait! Shouldn't we see them THIS year? NEXT year???:eek:

Foodie

Reaction score
matleo said:
hey gang,

--Matt
Were you at the Toy Fair a few years ago? A friend of mine was there and he saw the Sababa Mokey & Traveling Matt dolls ( they would've been the smaller ones ). I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen them. They may have just been prototypes.

Thanks for the info! :smirk: :excited:

Nick