Toy Story 3 Teaser Trailer released

Drtooth

Reaction score
Inside Job: First appearance of the Gargantua (who are actually only 6 inches tall)

Super Nova: Mira ghosts into a Crystallic Fusion Generator Core and becomes a glowing, supercharged, power-speed-junkie. she realizes that her need for "re-charging" is getting worse and worse and is beginning to take control of her life, but she manages to overcome her "energy addiction". Apparently this episode was banned due to it's hints of drug use, which is pretty stupid as it's obviously supposed to be one of those "very special" anti-drug episodes.
Is Inside Job the one where Buzz has to assassinate the leader of the Galactic alliance because the real one was kidnapped by the Gargantuans, and they've sent a decoy in her place? I could see that being pulled.

And I find it highly ridiculous to ban an anti-drug episode because it has drugs in it...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I enjoyed the trailer to TS3, it's nice to see them together again. :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Since this is kind of a Pixar thread, I just saw Wall E last friday for the first time. Great movie. Some people on imdb.com thougt the beginning was slow. I really enjoyed the movie.

I was thinking the people who made the movie were poking fun of people in general (I guess Amercians). The people in the movie were used to technology such as machines doing everything for them, staying on the interactive telephone and not realizing there was a pool or a jogging trail.

Also I thought the movie was also saying how Americans have become lazy and sit around a lot, thus getting larger.

Back to the Toy Story 3 trailer. Looks good. I'll go see it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was thinking the people who made the movie were poking fun of people in general (I guess Amercians). The people in the movie were used to technology such as machines doing everything for them, staying on the interactive telephone and not realizing there was a pool or a jogging trail.

Also I thought the movie was also saying how Americans have become lazy and sit around a lot, thus getting larger.
I feel it's a little bit of that. Though, the humans do look that way partially because of the bone loss that you'd get in zero gravity. I think that they actually did some scientific research for that. Even in sci-fi you sorta have to. This isn't Clutch Cargo :big_grin: ("Shovel on the Coals, Professor..." ask me later).

I felt the movie was basically about consumerism, and the fact that everyone has a frightening amount of trust in big corporations... in the film, to the point of having a company CEO being the leader of the planet (something that has an Orwellian undertone to it, while warning us of a probable future). The whole film was the equivvilant of walking up to the CEO of Wal* Mart and farting in his face. I LOVE it. And oddly enough, I DID see Wall*E merchandise at Wal*Mart.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bump

Great news.

You know how before TS3 is to be released that the first 2 films will be rereleased in 3-D?

Well, here's the good news. Apparently, you get to see BOTH MOVIES FOR ONE TICKET! Unprecedented. Inconceivable!

Unfortunately, it's only out for 2 weeks starting October 2nd...

There's actually a new trailer for them, but I don't have a good link to it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
bump

The trailer was seen with the 3-D Toy Story 1 and 2 double feature...

SPOILER:

The trailer opens with home movies of Andy playing with all his toys and gradually growing up. As a Teenager about to head to college, he pretty much nonchalantly dumps the toys at a day-care center... (I'm sure there's more tension in the final movie) and the toys are played with so roughly by the day care children that they have to escape. In the process, something happens to Buzz, causing them to have to reset him... and as a result he speaks Spanish...

end Spoiler.

Looks good, but I think that the movie will set a much better tone than you can have with a trailer.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
According to the Wikipedia entry (so take it with a grain of salt) Andy does not intend to get rid of the toys. Apparently he plans to put them in storage in the attic while he's away at college except Woody who he decided to keep with him. (An obvious throwback to Prospector's line in Toy Story 2, "Do you really think Andy's going to take you to college with him?" Apparently yes he is).

Still kinda sad they were gonna get stuffed away, especially for poor Jessie since she was so afraid of going into storage in 2. Somehow the box of toys gets accidentally thrown away and picked up by garbage men, but somewhat luckily they wind up in a day care center instead of the dump. Woody meanwhile sets out to save his friends and apparently find a new home.

What do you think will happen? Will they get a new owner or all go back to Andy who keeps them forever? The fact that Andy was going to keep Woody with him (and seemingly he was going to keep all of them and was merely putting them in storage while he was away) raises the possibility that they go back to him. Somehow I can picture the movie ending with a flash forward to the future where Andy gives the toys to his own children.

BTW I saw the double feature today and noticed something I never saw before. In the first movie during the "staff meeting" look at the titles of the books behind Woody. They're names of Pixar shorts! (Tin Story, Knick Knack, Red's Dream)

Fluffets

Reaction score
According to the Wikipedia entry (so take it with a grain of salt) Andy does not intend to get rid of the toys. Apparently he plans to put them in storage in the attic while he's away at college except Woody who he decided to keep with him. (An obvious throwback to Prospector's line in Toy Story 2, "Do you really think Andy's going to take you to college with him?" Apparently yes he is).

Still kinda sad they were gonna get stuffed away, especially for poor Jessie since she was so afraid of going into storage in 2. Somehow the box of toys gets accidentally thrown away and picked up by garbage men, but somewhat luckily they wind up in a day care center instead of the dump. Woody meanwhile sets out to save his friends and apparently find a new home.

What do you think will happen? Will they get a new owner or all go back to Andy who keeps them forever? The fact that Andy was going to keep Woody with him (and seemingly he was going to keep all of them and was merely putting them in storage while he was away) raises the possibility that they go back to him. Somehow I can picture the movie ending with a flash forward to the future where Andy gives the toys to his own children.

BTW I saw the double feature today and noticed something I never saw before. In the first movie during the "staff meeting" look at the titles of the books behind Woody. They're names of Pixar shorts! (Tin Story, Knick Knack, Red's Dream)
Yeah they tend to reference their other works a lot in their movies, including the other films, apparently even Wall-e appears from out of a bin at one split-second around the bit where buzz and woody land in Andy's mum's car.:eek::excited: