1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

ToyFare #79: Muppet Visual Guide

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Jan 13, 2004.

1. jediX

jediX Active Member

I'd say it does ;)
  2. agger_rob

agger_rob New Member

Wouldn't that count for Rowlf too? During certain episodes of the Muppet Show you can clearly see his fingers working the keys on the piano. Real hands inside that fur.
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Got mine the other day at Kmart. Love the Gift ones. Now those are going to be the hard to fine ones as well as the most high expeinces ones too. I love that they also mention them in the back as well. Even that Mega ones.
  4. jediX

jediX Active Member

Beaker, Bunsen, Fozzie....the list goes on ;)
  5. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh well yes, but i ment in this muppet test, the answers are Dr. Teeth, Crazy Harry, Statler and the Swedish Chef.

Many muppets have human hands inside there felt and fur along with Dr. Teeth, Rowlf and the Swedish Chef, there's Fozzie Bear, Link Hogthrob, Beau, Uncle Deadly, Sam the eagle, Busnen, Beaker, Bobo and the Muppet News man among others, I just ment in this particuler question of the four possabile anwsers.

The Swedish Chef is the only one that human flesh hands are completly shown, in which are Frank Oz's hands, i just feel the question might have been better worded like that, i'm sure that all Muppet fans know this, but we know that Dr. Teeth has live hands too, just talking about this question here.
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, ToyFare did that part.

That was ToyFare's addition. I submitted the others.

Interesting perspective. Since the Chef is the character with visible actual hands that was the intent.

There were a few other things they added like Clifford being like a "catfish" and some other minor character references like that.

It was a lot of fun participating in the issue and I'm thankful to the folks at ToyFare for the opportunity.
  7. jediX

jediX Active Member

I can see where the catfish misconception would come from since, and this quote is to the best of my memory, on one episode of MT Kermit refers to him as a "purple catfish-faced moptop".

Anyway though, nice job on that article. I assume you wrote the section before the quiz, right?
  8. Phillip

You mean the visual guide? Yes, that's correct. ToyFare did the page on the summer exclusives.
  9. jediX

jediX Active Member

Anyway, I meant the small text article that is on the same page as the quiz, not the guide itself. I should have specified.
  10. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

LOL! Oh yeah the Cillford bit too! I can understand Toyfair mixing up Janice lines for a certain movie, it happens, but that Kermit and the looking at a coffee cup at the time is compleletly, randomly, wrong! LOL! Still they did a nice job and it's a great big spot for the Muppets, i'm also glad you got to work on it Phil! :)

Zach,
  11. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Oh man! I sooo want that magazine! :crazy:
  12. Phillip

ToyFare added the intro to fill the copy on the page. As mentioned above, eleven of the twelve used trivia questions were submitted.
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Do u have a Kmart? If so look there. Thats where I got mine. Just keep cheaking.
  14. jediX

jediX Active Member

Suncoast used to have them here but I've been having to get them from Borders as of late.
  15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Before back then I did get them at a store that was on my side of town until they shut down. Bummer. But then Kmart moved in. Can't wait because we'll
    be getting a Walmart. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :excited: Sometime next year tho' :(
  16. jediX

jediX Active Member

I've never seen TF at a Wal Mart. I'm just going to subscribe... its cheaper anyway.
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I'm not saying that I'm just saying that I can't wait for Walmart. I can finally get a lot of other toys there. I mine from KMart is where I get mine. So I don't have to worry if TF not at Walmart. I have KMart.
  18. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I actually have seen Toyfare at Wal Mart before. I think that they get it occasionally because I don't see it there all the time. But this is off topic. Oh well, I also have to find an issue of the magazine. I cant wait to check out the article for myself...
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Well I already got it. Last sunday. Its pretty cool. I just know I'm going to want to try to get them all.
  20. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Hey guys! Guess who just got the magazine today! ME! :D It's so freakin' awesome! And wow, some of those trivia questions were pretty tricky :) and it warmed my heart when I read (something like) "And even if you don't like the Muppets (in which case you have no soul)..." I liked that :)