ToyFare: Allen hints at something "so big"...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In this month's ToyFare, there is a sneak peak at upcoming Muppets including something "so big" according to Palisades' Travis Allen.

Sock to the Future - Palisades' Muppets plans extend through 2005

Kermit the Frog may sing that it's not easy being green, but he and his Muppet brethren are bringing in plenty of it for Palisades Toys. Winner of ToyFare's Best Toy Line of 2003, the company's next series of Muppets figures arrives this summer, with some exciting new developments in store.

A NEW WAVE ROLLS IN

Muppet mania continues with the forthcoming Wave 10, which will include Uncle Deadly (from The Muppet Show), Sal Manilla (the monkey from Muppets Tonight), a Pirate Gonzo & Rizzo 2-pack (Muppet Treasure Island), and Scout Master Kermit, a newly created companion to Frog Scout Robin, who appeared with Debbie Harry on The Muppet Show. Travis J. Allen, marketing manager for Palisades Toys, said that in the future the company would like to release Bobo the Bear, Bean Bunny, sportscaster Lewis Kazzager, Muppet Christmas Carol-based figures, and "more penguins and chickens and rats and monsters. Technically, we could go on forever and ever." (That's ultimately what we all want, isn't it?)

Allen also noted that more figures will be offered through the fan club in the future, including this year's con-exclusive Super Beaker and a future holiday figure like last year's Rizzo, and he is "certain there will be quite a few more exclusive Muppets."

Yet what of the Sweetums and Jim Henson figures that fans have seen but have not been announced for release? Allen remarked that Sweetums will be available as an exclusive to online retailers www.ohmygodcheapnewfiguresonline.com. As for the Henson figure, Palisades, The Jim Henson Legacy, and the Jim Henson Company are debating the creation of one that is handled with respect, protects Henson's legacy, and be accessible to all who want it.

SUPER-SIZED MUPPETS?

Many Muppet fans are anxious to know about the future plans for, not to mention the future of, the line. Playsets immediately spring to mind. "The future of the playset line is contingent upon the sales of the Super Deluxe Backstage playset," divulged Allen. "That said, do we want to do more playsets? Heck, yeah! Personally I would love to see a Veterinarian's Hospital playset, or even a mega, super-duper, gargantuan, full size Muppet Theater playset, But we shall see." (Just make sure Statler & Waldorf have their balcony!)

Super-size playsets aside, how long will Palisades be making Muppet toys? Allen Said that the company's license expires at the end of 2005. Beyond that, it is a question of whether Disney, the current licensor for Muppets, wishes the company to continue, and whether Palisades think they have not exhausted the material and seek to do more. After that elusive statement, Allen ended with this teaser: "We're working on something so big-but unfortunately top secret-that it will rock the very foundations of the collectable action figure universe. Well, maybe not, but it's **** cool." For now, the surprise remains a mystery. ToyFare suggests Sherlock Hemlock gets on the case pronto!

For fun, if you could choose any one REALISTIC product Travis' "so big" comment could be refering to, what would you like to see? For fun, state your one hope and then we'll see how close some of you came to the correct answer.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm.......wonder who typed all that out? Oh yeah, it was me. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Muppet Theater is about all I could imagine. We have all discussed that as the last playset option ever before the line ends, which is the end of next year (but, I hope it WON'T end).

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks for typin it all out Aerosmith !!

I also think it's the Muppet Theater. It could be loads of other things though, the Holiday figure has been kept under wraps for so long and is supposed to be amazing.

Telly

Reaction score
I really hope it's the theater. I think that'd be cool to have the theater and have it come with a bunch of accessories (inanimate objects along with chickens, rats, and penguins).

beaker

Reaction score
Was he even referencing something Muppet related? My guess is the Muppet theatre which would be beyond cool...even a Muppet theatre for the minis would rock. Man, I so hope digit gets made in 2005, at least in mini version.

And HOLY CRAP....that "omgcheapfigureslookatus!111.com" site is the WORST looking site, in the history of sites. What is wrong with them giving the exclusive to them? *vomits*

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
The Muppet Theatre would be awesome, obviously. But what about an Electric Mayhem Tour Bus with Re-Paint Zoot?

That's my dream playset...

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
And HOLY CRAP....that "omgcheapfigureslookatus!111.com" site is the WORST looking site, in the history of sites. What is wrong with them giving the exclusive to them? *vomits*
I know what you mean but who cares what the site looks like? They have taken on the exclusive for us (which nobody else was prepared to do), they have good service (so i hear), they ship promptly (so i hear) and everything is packed carefully. They haven't ripped people off on the price either.