Toyfare issue with Kermit offer on sale NOW!

canigetalol

Reaction score
hey just in case you guys dont know, the Toyfare issue with the offer for exculsive Kermit in a tux is on sale now. Its issue number 58, which is the June 2002 issue..thas wat it says on the cover..ohh n it has 2 different covers..the one i got has a biggg ol picture of Spiderman's face. You guys can also order it online at www.wizardworld.com but it doesnt go on sale til April 22nd over there....I jus sent in mine in the mail yesterdayy.....run out n goo get ittt

FER SURE

Reaction score
As a warning to all please read the "exclusives heafty price tag" thread.

kane31666

Reaction score
price

i just wanted to let everyone to know, that the normal price of a Toyfare exclusive has been 17 bucks for the most part recently. That includes the Simpsons.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Re: price

Originally posted by kane31666
i just wanted to let everyone to know, that the normal price of a Toyfare exclusive has been 17 bucks for the most part recently. That includes the Simpsons.
Well, if I read the order form correctly, Kermit's $17 only if you want it shipped UPS. He's $14 if you want him shipped like ninth-class in a poorly assembled cardboard wrapper being passed off as a shipping box.

Seriously, the Simpsons figures I have bought from them in the past all arrived (albeit suspiciously late at times) and were in good shape. But, BUT, this Kermit will also be sold at a not-too-uncommon retail store for half of what ToyFare is charging.

Just something to think about. I personally have no problem doing the hunting at a TRU.

Jara19

Reaction score
After the mess I had to deal with on the Simpsons exclusives, I'm never buying from Toyfare again. I'll wait till I see it at ToysRus.

kane31666

Reaction score
jara-

I agree with you all the way. All that us simpsons collectors had to deal with with Toyfare, it's not worth it. And they don't deserve more of our money. TRU is the way to go for this one.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Waitaminute, you mean this isn't a Toyfare exclusive? I read the Toyfare article about the upcoming Muppet Show figs and how the Kermie in tux was going to be a chase figure. Then, when I picked up this issue of Toyfare, I saw Kermit in tux was offered and jumped to the conclusion that they changed it to a Toyfare exclusive. But now that I look closer at the mag, I see it doesn't say Toyfare exclusive anywhere. Toyfare's exclusive right to gouge I guess. Sheesh, maybe my order will get returned.

Raech

Reaction score
It is a co exclusive. TRU & TOYFARE

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Raech. That was my first post to the group. After that I did some navigating and found the info about the shared exclusive, and tried to catch myself up to speed with the line's future.

Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen such a huge retailer do a shared exclusive. You'd think that TRU could take the whole lot if they wanted. The Electronics Boutique/Diamond Comics shared exclusives for other toy lines I understand, because EB isn't as big as TRU, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.... I wonder if TRU will be charging a premium for this figure like Wizard. Methinks not.

I'm a little disappointed to see the variant/chase figure changes. I read the Toyfare article about the launch of the line, and read about how there was to be one variant and one chase figure per case. I didn't want to miss these, so I ordered a whole case through my Diamond retailer, just so that I'd be assured these figs. Now I'm going to have to chase the chases anyway!

Has anyone heard what the case breakdown for series 1 is going to be like?

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
Actually we have done shared exclusives before

For TRU, the motivation to share the exclusive was that it was all the extra coverage in ToyFare magazine.

For other customers, it has been that the minimum order is just too large to handle by themselves. So sometimes distributors will share an exclusive. Particularly if they view the partner as non-competitive. We are planning a future Muppet exclusive that will most likely be shared between a US retailer and a European distributor. That way, both markets get the figure.

Make sense?

Mike H