Toys R Us and the Muppets

scooter289

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone out there knew whether or not TRU will start carrying the Muppets again starting with series 7 in their stores and online or just online. I ask this because according to the schedule, TRU is supposed to have an exclusive Mega Gonzo with the checkered suit and the Animal with the insta-grow pills and bass drum, etc. So if anyone can answer this question I'd appreciate it. Thanks :concern: :halo:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
no one knows for sure yet, but that is indeed the plan...just gotta wait and see....

WiGgY

Reaction score
They are set to carry the line in stores starting with series 7. The only thing that isn't done is the signing of some papers that make it all official. It is known for sure that they are suppose to carry the line though. I don't think it would have been annouced if there was much doubt.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Hmmm

Isn't that cuttint things a bit close??? When is series 7 supposed to be out??? And who else thinks this might NOT be the series to start back with??? I personally LOVE the ideas coming out, especially the exclusives, but are Smollet, Bauregard, Fiama and Robin are the big sellers TRU wants/ needs to justify further distribution???
Again, I LOVE all these characters (well, still not a MTI fan but I sure want Polly Lobster) and plan to buy every one, including the exclusives. It shouldn't take me long to paint that TRU logo off the drum...

Any thoughts??? Wiggy reallyhas me thinking about marketability... But then who the heck am I to judge in this department. I still think they should make Megos...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well series 7 has Kermit, who always sells according to Ken. Robin is a small figure with tons of stuff like Rizzo and Pepe, and they sold nicely. The little figures packed with accessories seem to sell well. Jonny looks cool and is a threepaint which increases the chance of more than 1 selling. I think people will be going to Toys R Us to get their Jonnys because they should be in high supply there. Big store usually equals many cases. I think Beau may be the problem figure in series 7 at TRU.

It might have been a little better to start with series 6. You get the holiday rush, a great playset, 3 big name characters and 1 cool looking honest to Giod action figure with tons of great poses. Of course, KErmit sells the muppets more than anyone. Series 7 is good, but series 6 is better IMO.

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Also isn't classic Animal 2 coming out around that time as an exclusive for them?
-Artie

WiGgY

Reaction score
Animal2 comes out with series 8. Their series 7 exclusive is the repaint MEga Gonzo with new tie.

rexcrk

Reaction score
The Muppet figures are coming to Toys R Us again? Thank GOD! Now I won't hafta buy figures off line or go searching through those "odd" stores that my have them. :big_grin: