Track Listing for Muppets Most Wanted Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
WARNING!: If you are concerned about spoilers DO NOT read ahead and just ignore this thread!!!

A short time ago, the soundtrack listing was released, revealing new cameos and guest artists. I won't say much more here, but if you are interested, Toughpigs have made a report on it:

http://www.toughpigs.com/mmw-tracks/

I've made this thread so that it can be openly discussed and those who prefer to ignore it, can avoid spoilery information.

MWoO

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like too many songs are not sung by muppets again?

Edit: I do like the opening song being we're doing a sequel. I recently watched GMC again and during hey a movie I wondered if muppets most wanted would begin in a similar fashion and it looks like it will. I also like the idea of together again being redone but I'd like to see more new original songs written for the muppets.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I always had a sneaking suspicion that Together Again would find its way into the film :smile: One of many predictions which have proven to be right!

The songs are going to be great, I can already tell. I was going to gripe on about Kermit not having any decent portions of a song, but then I realised that the screen time he'll be getting is more than what this doctor ordered. Plus, he has a song with Piggy AND Celine Dion! What more could I ask for???

I don't get to see the film until April 4th, so I will be playing the heck outta the soundtrack and ignoring MC for two weeks until Australia catches up with the US. I'm fine with knowing the songs, but I don't want to know every single little detail....

Besides, there's no song on there I didn't already know about. We've seen from the trailers that these songs take place. When you think about it, the only surprise here is having Josh Groban as a guest artist.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Edit: I do like the opening song being we're doing a sequel. I recently watched GMC again and during hey a movie I wondered if muppets most wanted would begin in a similar fashion and it looks like it will. I also like the idea of together again being redone but I'd like to see more new original songs written for the muppets.
I do like the opening song having a title like that, it seems like a nice call-back to "Hey, A Movie". Plus I like the idea of Statler and Waldorf singing a song.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You do realize that the track with :fanatic:, :boo:, and :sleep: is just a dialogue track and not a song track right? If there's anything I learned from the soundtrack listing for TM is that there's one dialogue track for each actual song.

And speaking of the actual songs... Why the **** did they have to include one of the most goth-awful things known to man as Track No. 19? ! ? That will be the one glaring omission from the MMW soundtrack songs I'll probably end up asking for in the MUP3's thread instead of buying the album outright. :grr:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
You do realize that the track with :fanatic:, :boo:, and :sleep: is just a dialogue track and not a song track right? If there's anything I learned from the soundtrack listing for TM is that there's one dialogue track for each actual song.
That makes more sense, I guess I wasn't paying attention to how the tracks went together. Still, it should be a fun call-back to The Great Muppet Caper.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A short time ago, the soundtrack listing was released, revealing new cameos and guest artists. I won't say much more here, but if you are interested, Toughpigs have made a report on it:

The soundtrack listing was released sooner than yesterday? Where was I when it was leaked? I had no idea.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And speaking of the actual songs... Why the **** did they have to include one of the most goth-awful things known to man as Track No. 19? ! ? That will be the one glaring omission from the MMW soundtrack songs I'll probably end up asking for in the MUP3's thread instead of buying the album outright. :grr:
Refusing to see the spoiler-ifficness of that track listing, I can't help but wonder what that song is, and something tells me they'll use it ironically anyway. Like "We Built This City" last time.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No matter how it's used I'll still groan in disgust. I shun the version sung by Rosita from Fiesta Songs that plays on MCR, I even shun the Animaniacs parody with Dot and Hello Nurse. That should give you enough clues to figure it out Drtooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.