Traditional Animation: The Return

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It takes awhile to make a film, no briner or not.
Yeah, about four years I think for an animated picture. Bu the story is so famous and well known. It seems like they would have don't it when Walt was alive, you know?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah, about four years I think for an animated picture. Bu the story is so famous and well known. It seems like they would have don't it when Walt was alive, you know?
Yeah, but it's not as well-versed as Cinderella or Snow White or whatever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, the wild wasn't actually a Disney animated film. But they did have "Chicken Little" and Meet The Robinson's.
It wasn't, yes. But they pretty much promoted it like they owned it. Either way, they're trying to combat Madagascar's Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, and Cedric the Entertainer with Jim Belushi... ewww...

There's or not, it was a major flop. Meet the Robinsons did okay, thouh... though I wish it came out a week later, since it stole BO receipts from TMNT, which was an absolutely great film. I thought it was the best since the first TMNT film made in 1989. Much better than 2 and 3.

the problem with Disney is, they painted themselves into a corner with the Princess/ Fairytale movies. The critics were condemming them for making princess films, and once they broke free of that genre, they were condemmed for NOT making princess films. They were going fine up until Pocahauntus. It did well for itself, but the merchandise just wouldn't go away. Same with Hunchback. it was an okay film, I think... but they did better when they were going with more kid friendly themes than a dark Victor Hugo novel. Tarzan (until TP) was the last adaption movie they did.

But no one took to Brother Bear and Home on the Range, their last 2-D efforts. Brother Bear wasn't bad, actually. it took to native American legend much MUCH better than Pocahauntus (sorry, I can't stand that movie). Home on the Range was just weird. And not in a good :concern: way. I liked how they wanted the spirit of the old 1950's legendary Heroes cartoons like Casey Jones... and the fact the villain became a villain because no one liked his yodelling was pretty hillarious... but it seemed all over the place. But still, liked it a million times more than Pocahantus.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But no one took to Brother Bear and Home on the Range, their last 2-D efforts. Brother Bear wasn't bad, actually. it took to native American legend much MUCH better than Pocahauntus (sorry, I can't stand that movie). Home
Were these animated after the 2-D animation movie studio had already closed down. Because I think they may have been done by one of there television studios. I could be wrong.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Were these animated after the 2-D animation movie studio had already closed down. Because I think they may have been done bu one of there television studios. I could be wrong.
I dunno. These were the last two they were planning before they started making their own CGI films.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I dunno. These were the last two they were planning before they started making their own CGI films.
Yeah I know, and they were working on the 30 million Tinker bell movie when Eisner got the boot form the board and then Lassiter scraped it. But there are now releasing it as it was so costly for a home video.:smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I know, and they were working on the 30 million Tinker bell movie when Eisner got the boot form the board and then Lassiter scraped it. But there are now releasing it as it was so costly for a home video.:smirk:
From what I've heard, Lassiter reworked the script. He said it was thourougly unwatchable, and was said to have scrapped it. It was too far in production to have gone unproduced, but somehow there was just enough time to rework it. I still think it's gonna be terrible.

The project is supposedly based on a European comic book series, not really a seqal per se. Sort of like Lady and the Tramp 2, Scamp's Adventure. That one was based on a really old comic book. I've seen them before, but never read one.