Trailer for Looney Tunes; BIA

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
This is anti-Space Jam. The director hate that movie. He directed Gremlins, Gremlins 2, Small Soliders, and etc. He is also a very big Looney Tunes fan. Animated Movies.com has already reported that the trailer didn't really give the true feeling of the film. The main focus is on Bugs and Daffy, not Jenna Elfman and Brendan Frasier.

Here the post from Animated-movies:

Warner Bros. insider wrote in to belay the rumors that have been spreading on the web and give us some scoops on the November 14 movie: "First of all production never ever halted! There was a lull for a while because the ending was changed--it now features a Space Chase between Bugs, Daffy and Marvin the Martian. The crew is doing a fantastic job of not only meeting the crazy footage quotas, but also keeping the integrity of these characters. I kid you not, this is the best thing done with Looney Tunes in the recent past! And there's one reason why: Eric Goldberg. This guy is a Warners freak! Ask him about any old WB cartoon, and he could tell you who directed it, who animated on it, when it was made, etc. This guy is amazing. And don't let the trailer scare you. When we all viewed it, some liked it, other didn't. I don't feel it portrays the movie very well. [Looney Tunes: Back in Action] isn't about Timothy Dalton slapping himself in the forehead. It's about Bugs and Daffy. Anyhow, animation should be wrapping up by early July, and then clean-up's gotta book it to finish in August. The film's actually pretty good, and if there is any problem it's not with the animation."

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow! It sounds like it'll be just great then.

I hope it lives up to the statements Animated Movies.com made about it. If so, it could be really great.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's very encouraging. I hope the film contains the entire Looney Tunes cast. I'm hoping Speedy will make it in too.

King Prawn

Reaction score
I read somewhere, not quite sure where that although other Looney Tunes appear in the movie in is really centered around Bugs & Daffy kind of like Gonzo & Rizzo in MFS and we all know that didn't turn out great.

Anyway i still think it's going to be much better than the first (from what i've read) and i can't wait for the this one.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by King Prawn
I read somewhere, not quite sure where that although other Looney Tunes appear in the movie in is really centered around Bugs & Daffy kind of like Gonzo & Rizzo in MFS and we all know that didn't turn out great.

Anyway i still think it's going to be much better than the first (from what i've read) and i can't wait for the this one.
When you think of it, Space Jam's actually kinda like the Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island of Looney Tunes. Ultimately, Muppet Treasure Island is better than Space Jam (still haven't seen MCC), but, it's actually true! Both MCC and MTI's main character was a human, and the same with Space Jam. Space Jam: Michael Jordan was the main character. MCC: Michael Caine was. MTI: Whoever the kid that played Jim Hawkins and Tim Curry were.

Weird. :concern: :concern: :concern:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Bugs and Daffy are the stars of this pic. The humans are supporting characters. The WB marketing people are just advertising the actors because they think that people will be more interesting in seeing them. I don't mind that Heather Locklear is in it as a Vega Showgirl outfit:excited:

So far I know that beside Bugs and Daffy, Tweety, Taz, Wildy Coyote, Road Runner, Pepe Lepe, and Marvin. There possible more but that all know right now and oh, Yosete Sam and Elmer Fudd. Finally yes, it is indeed true, Lola Bunny will not appear in this film. The director hates the character.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Here's the synopsis from IMDB.com:

"Fed up with all the attention going to Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck quits Hollywood, teams up with recently-fired stuntman Bobby Delmont (Fraser) and embarks on a round-the-world adventure. Their mission? Find Bobby's father's missing blue diamond... and stay one step ahead of Bugs and the studio exec (Elfman) who are on their trail!"

So, what--Bugs is the BAD guy? We're supposed to be cheering for Daffy trying to get away from him? :confused:

Joe Dante (the director) is indeed a passionate Looney Tunes fan. He included Chuck Jones in a cameo in the original Gremlins, and Gremlins 2 actually opens with an intro by Daffy Duck! So this is actually the second time Dante has directed Daffy in a film.

Billy West returns from Space Jam as Bugs and Elmer. (I liked the other actors who have voiced Bugs better.) Joe Alaskey is in his rightful place as Daffy and Slyvester, along with a few others. I was astonished at how few characters were listed, though. I hope this is just because IMDB doesn't have all the information yet. (In fact, they're listing Fraser, Dalton and Locklear as doing VOICES rather than playing the human characters.) Space Jam isn't a perfect film, but I did like the way they crammed a whole bunch of Looney Tunes characters into the show, including cameos by obscure characters like Sniffles the Mouse. I hope there's more of the same here.

Mel Blanc wanted his son Noel to take over all the voices when he passed on, but June Foray once said in an interview that he isn't used much because, for all he sounds like his father, he doesn't have his dad's sense of comic delivery.

I can't play the trailer, but I'm hoping that the focus truly is on the animated characters. It drives me crazy that Warner Bros. has NEVER understood what stars they have at their studio. Why focus on the humans even just for the preview? Do they really think people are more interested in a bunch of B-list actors (and that's being generous) than around characters that everyone in the past 60 years has grown up with and loved?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
If Daffy's trying to get away from Bugs, why did the teaser feature so many scenes with the two of them together?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the studio already thinks they have the loyal Looney Tune audience in their pocket so they are making an effort to reach out to a less cartoon-oriented audience. The decision is wise, the delivery wasn't.

I never thought Noel Blanc did a very good job at voicing the characters. I remember him doing some of the voices along side Mel in a interview concerning Mel's work in Roger Rabbit and Noel didn't impress me. I have friends who can do a much better job and I'm glad they didn't go with him. Still, I really didn't like Bugs' voice in Space Jam. I had that same sort of feeling. :sympathy: