Trailer for Looney Tunes; BIA

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn; maybe I don't know all the facts. But wasn't the design of the Genie ripped off from the Richard Williams film "The Thief and the Cobbler"? It wasn't released at the time of "Aladdin," but Williams had been working on it for something like 20 years, and the Disney animators could have had access to the film when Williams was guiding them through "Roger Rabbit." I thought I had actually read somewhere that Williams was disgusted by the plagarism. I definitely love the Hirschfield designs, though, particularly in Fant. 2000.

I didn't much care for Pocahantas myself, but am somewhat heartened by the fact that he said it didn't turn out the way he hoped. Let's hope Looney Tunes: BIA is closer to what he wants!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't think the Genie looks much like anything from that movie. But, what do I know? It's been a couple years since I've seen it.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I'm VERY happy Joe Alaskey will be voicing Daffy Duck/Slyvester and I'm guessing Yosemity Sam" because I know he did the voice in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

This movie looks promissing!

I've always been a BIG Daffy Duck fan, so I can't wait! i'm also a fan of Gremlins, and Gremlins 2, and I love the daffy bits in the beging and end of the 2nd movie! The credits still crack me up! Joe Dante's (the director) on my chirstmas card list for sure! Now....what's his address?:smile:

Zack)Rowlf the, diet? yeah we were talking about that, remember when we had that peice of cake?Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed Gremlins and the short for Gremlins 2 but hated the film. To me, it kind of made a mockery of the first that I find to be one of the most perfect horror films. I did enjoy the humor in the film, just not applied to the characters. I think it will work wonderfully for the Looney Tunes. I find it especially encouraging that he doesn't like Lola Bunny or Space Jam.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
Forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn; maybe I don't know all the facts. But wasn't the design of the Genie ripped off from the Richard Williams film "The Thief and the Cobbler"? It wasn't released at the time of "Aladdin," but Williams had been working on it for something like 20 years, and the Disney animators could have had access to the film when Williams was guiding them through "Roger Rabbit." I thought I had actually read somewhere that Williams was disgusted by the plagarism. I definitely love the Hirschfield designs, though, particularly in Fant. 2000.

I didn't much care for Pocahantas myself, but am somewhat heartened by the fact that he said it didn't turn out the way he hoped. Let's hope Looney Tunes: BIA is closer to what he wants!
No, Nope, and Nadda.

I don't really see any similarities between the two films at all (especially visually).

There is no doubt when looking at the Genie, that he is a Hirschfeld drawing, sprung to life.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog

I've always been a BIG Daffy Duck fan, so I can't wait!
Yeah, Daffy Duck's my favorite character, too. I hope in the movie they bring out his evil, and his gulibility ("Wabbit theathon!" "Duck season." "Wabbit theathon!" "Duck season." "Wabbit theathon!" "Wabbit season." "Duck theathon! Fire!!!" ...... "You're dethpicable."). I'd like to see him fall for some of Bugs Bunny's tricks in this movie. That'd be great.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I like ducks, too. Donald and Daffy should get more screen-time together!! I think it would be great to do a film where they have to go save Mickey and Bugs from something.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I like ducks, too. Donald and Daffy should get more screen-time together!!
Ah! My all-time favorite scene in the whole of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

"Doeth anyone underthtand what thith duck ith thaying?"

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I like ducks, too. Donald and Daffy should get more screen-time together!! I think it would be great to do a film where they have to go save Mickey and Bugs from something.
Hey Kev, how about EM TV? ;-)

Hmm, I actualy like Gremilns 2 better, I don't really think of them as horror films in my opintion, i find more comedy in them and enjoy the comic mistiff more of the gremlins, and the puppets are amazing. The first movie is more horror like, but in the second movie they really only show one person die, and he was the mean scientist guy. So I see what you mean Jamie, but I personaly like them better as not being thought of as horror movies.

Horror films make me sick some times, not that I don't watch them, but i have a best friend that loves them, ans she wouldn't consider gremlins a horror flim in her book. Sheesh, she dragged me to "House of a 1000 corpses" when it first came out and I couldn't eat anything for three days..hehehe, well i'll have fun draging her to the "next" Muppet movie whenever that will be. :wink:

Oh back to Looney Tunes, hey, i'll have fun taking her to THAT movie!!! hahaha!

Zack) the goofy dog:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So you're the one that saw that movie. I was wondering who you were. LOL!