Transformers Movie Coming in 2008!

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
you just now heard about this?

Actually it'll be out in 2007. Yes next year. Due for a July 4th release.

BEAR

Reaction score
I remember the cartoon and toys! *sigh* Ah, the 80s...

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
yeah it come s out on july 4 of 2007,

not holding out any hope thought , Hollywood is notorious for destroying things i love when they turn them into movies(Lord of the rings and Spiderman being the exceptions.)

oh well

Teheheman

Reaction score
What's up with all these 70's & 80's sitcoms making a comeback in movie form. I mean, CHiPs is coming out soon, Charlies Angels, Starsky and Hutch, Smurfs coming soon, talks of a Dallas movie, and talks of a Magnum PI movie. I know there are more, but there are too many to name.

Daniel

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
you need to keep in mind that its my Generation (people in thier early 30's and early 40's) who grew up on those shows who are producing and directinga lot of this stuff, they are properties that have a built in audience.

rurulesunc

Reaction score
I cant say much, but dont count on the movie being true to what you know about Transformers. It has definitely been updated for today's audience. Characters have been changed and new ones have been added. It should still be interesting to see though (I think).

Faylo

Reaction score
I'm not that interested in the movie, but a lot of the people I know love Transformers and are so excited for this movie.
A couple of my friends are going in boxes for the premiere.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
What's up with all these 70's & 80's sitcoms making a comeback in movie form. I mean, CHiPs is coming out soon, Charlies Angels, Starsky and Hutch, Smurfs coming soon, talks of a Dallas movie, and talks of a Magnum PI movie. I know there are more, but there are too many to name.
Technically Transformers never REALLY made a comeback because it never really left. Fox Kids still aired newer Transformer cartoons in the 90's, right up till they cashed out of the kiddy programming business. There was a lull in toy production for a little while, but that's about it.

TMNT Turtles made a sort of come back. After the disasterous live action show was cancelled due to high production costs, they attempted to make a couple other series before the current one from 2003 was eventually accepted.

BTW... this is pretty doggone old news. There were rumors about this film as early as 2004.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Does anybody actually remember when TMNT had pupils?

Daniel