Trash Heap falls in the well?

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember there was an episode when the Gorg's were about to dump the Trash Heap into the well, but the Fraggles prevented that.

I've always wondered, what would happen if the Trash Heap did fall in the well and land in the Fraggle pond? I'd imagine her rising from the water while all the Fraggles watch in shock. But at least they won't have to go into the Gorgs' garden to visit her anymore.

beigefraggle

Reaction score
That was early in season 2. "The Trash Heap Doesn't Live Here Anymore"

Actually, the Pa Gorg wanted Jr. to dump Marjorie in the river... what river? Some river that Gorg's talked about occasionally, but was never seen.

The trash heap did get moved just behind the well thanks to the brave Fraggle heroes Boober and Wembley. That was a little easier for the Fraggles since they didn't need to cross the garden anymore.

I think if Marjorie had been dumped down the well, that might well have sunk her. Ha ha. She definitely would have changed dramatically, if she didn't just float there until Red cleared her out of the pond.

If she did survive though, it would be horrible for the Fraggles. No doubt Philo and Gunge would have moved in. They are such devils! They would have annoyed the Fraggles to no end.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
In the Season 2 episode "Sir Hubris and the Gorgs", the Fraggles hatch a plot to get the Gorgs to leave forever by posing as the former ruler of the universe who gave his crown to the Gorgs, and upon whose return they must surrender the crown and leave to wander the universe. They succeed in fooling the Gorgs, but consequently among the Gorgs' preparations to leave, they plan to take all the radishes and dump the Trash Heap down the well. The Fraggles stop them by re-appearing as Sir Hubris and taking off their disguise.

Hope this helps!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

beigefraggle

Reaction score
I don't remember exactly, but that does sound right. Pa Gorg had some meanspirited ideas back in his day. I could understand taking their radishes, but dumping their trash heap in the well.... did he just want to pollute the water?

I have some issues with Pa Gorg.

Anyway, thanks for the correction.

Xerus

Reaction score
That's what I was also thinking too. If The Trash Heap did fall in the well, she'd probably end up stinking up the place, and all the Fraggles would have to wear clothespins on their noses.

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Gorgs were planning on dumping her in the well at some point (SOMETHING was going to be dumped into the well anyway, but maybe it was something else). Interesting though that the Gorgs get their drinking and bath water from the well pump. Even for the Gorgs that'd be a pretty stupid move. Though it's been a very recurring event in the show that Pa Gorg makes a lot of very hasty decisions without thinking about the consequences.

Keep in mind the Gorgs are living in their equivalent of the iron or bronze age and nobody from then was too Earth-conscious or concerned about pollution. Not that it would be as big a deal as it might be with human-made trash. No plastics that take 1000 years to break down or half-empty oil drums, etc. And Ma Gorg once mentioned that they use Marjorie to make compost. That being the case, she must be made of pretty 'green' trash.

Joggy

Reaction score
There was actual pollution in both the Gorgs' and the Fraggles' water supplies in "River Of Life", which caused throat rot among the Fraggles and ankle rot among the Gorgs.