Traveling Matt segments

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have read that the Traveling matt sequences on Fraggle Rock were different countries. Does anybody know why they were different? I could see why the Doc and Sprocket scenes would be different (so that the actor playing doc wouldn't have to have his voice dubbed), but none of the humans in the Traveling Matt scenes had dialog.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Occasionally, the humans did have dialogue. (Example: The Day The Music Died shows FR songwriter Phil Balsam as a street musician.)

Some episodes of the UK version had completely different postcard sequences specifically made for their country (that's coproduction for ya). Here are the ones I know of:

Capture The Moon
Matt learns of a Silly Creature ritual which involves bathing lips (tea time).

Marooned
Matt stumbles into the "lair of the long red giants" (double decker buses).

The Minstrels
Matt is horrified at the sight of a Scotsman playing a bagpipe, thinking the bagpipe is a monster which the Silly Creature is strangling.

Gobo's Discovery
Same as the USA version, only the location is different.

Mokey's Funeral
Matt "gathers" radishes from a produce stand, and is pursued by "Gorgs" (angry Silly Creatures, actually).

Red's Club
Matt discovers a way to control a species of big yellow creatures: just yell "Taxi!" and they'll stop.

The Day The Music Died
Matt at a football stadium; cameo by Buffy's Anthony Head

Doomsday Soup

cotton candy as edible pink clouds

A Cave Of One's Own
Matt and some friends in a photo booth

Boober's Quiet Day
Hoping to fit in with the crowd, Matt calls attention to himself at a library

------------------------------------

I hope these are included as extras on future season DVD sets. They seem to have outdone themselves on the first set.