Treasure Island

bmichie

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has been answered - I did a search through the forums and spent lots of time on the web, but can't find the answer.

What is the story behind "Big Fat Bug-eyed Baby Eating O'Brien" when they are doing the roll call on Treasure Island? The commentary on the DVD just said "don't ask" or words to that effect. Is that Geena Davis? My husband and I both think it's a hysterical gag, but who is it and is there anything deeper to it?

I'm glad the DVD answered why they used Henry Kissinger's book in Billy Bones' trunk - that always cracked me up.

One last Treasure Island comment - if the Muppets can find such talented kids to act in their movies like Kevin Bishop, why can't George Lucas find kids with some ability for Star Wars???

Bev

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by bmichie
One last Treasure Island comment - if the Muppets can find such talented kids to act in their movies like Kevin Bishop, why can't George Lucas find kids with some ability for Star Wars???
Bev
Kevin Bishop is a Muppet!!

F:big_grin:Z

Drtooth

Reaction score

What is the story behind "Big Fat Bug-eyed Baby Eating O'Brien" when they are doing the roll call on Treasure Island? The commentary on the DVD just said "don't ask" or words to that effect. Is that Geena Davis? My husband and I both think it's a hysterical gag, but who is it and is there anything deeper to it?

I'm glad the DVD answered why they used Henry Kissinger's book in Billy Bones' trunk - that always cracked me up.
I guess it was an obvious joke. A sexy woman named "Big Fat Ugly...whatever" then cutting to an ugly monster called sweet Marie was the joke, because their names seemed switched around.

Why was the Kissenger book there (I have it on video, not DVD. I don't have a player just yet!)? Was it because he was supposed to be in the Muppet
Movie?

Sweetums

Reaction score

I have always thought that joke was hilarious, as well!!! I also agree with whoever it was (sorry, I don't remeber who) that answered the question... it was just a silly joke to go with the ugly one being called Angel Marie.

And also, what IS the joke about the book in Billy Bones's trunk?

-Sweetums

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Henry Kissinger was written into the original script for The Muppet Movie as a cameo.

So there.
FOZ :smile:

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
On the commentary, Brian Henson says it's because one of the people who worked on MTI was Kissinger's niece.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Bev

I don't Know, Kevin Bacon was good, a little high durring the musical #s, but good actor. As for Lucas............. Well, I guess it's a tradition to have wooden kids in his films, The Kid in Temple of Doom. etc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Henry Kissinger was written into the original script for The Muppet Movie as a cameo.

Originally posted by the great gonzo
On the commentary, Brian Henson says it's because one of the people who worked on MTI was Kissinger's niece.
Either way it was a funny gag!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
(I have it on video, not DVD. I don't have a player just yet!)
Thank goodness. I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem. Actually, my copy of this movie was taped off of ABC so it's probably edited.