Trekkie Monster replicas

darkranth

Reaction score
Hi!
As some of you probably know, I'm working on making Avenue Q puppet replicas for a short Quebec adaptation.
I am now working on 4 puppets (Kate, Trekkie, Nicky and Sunshine: My first own puppet!) and I need some help to get the materials. :frown:

For Trekkie, I Don't know what I should use to make the eyes bags and the horns. What do you think is better, affordable and easy to use (don't forget these are my first puppets)?

Thanks a lot! It's really helpful!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
For Trekkie, I Don't know what I should use to make the eyes bags and the horns. What do you think is better, affordable and easy to use (don't forget these are my first puppets)?
Rick Lyon used large, plastic spoons for the eyes. Not the disposable plastic spoons, but serving spoons. I'm not sure what he used for the bags under his eyes, but although his are plastic, you could get a nice effect just using a piece of tan fabric.

I'd say, for the horns, you really just have to look around for something that could work well. Perhaps someone else might have a specific suggestion in that regard.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Fimo or some kind of polymer clay might work well.

Toasty

Reaction score
Carving them from a block of foam and then covering it in Plastidip might work, too. This would also give them a bit of flex so the horns wouldn't crack when bumped around.

Teenager's

Reaction score
Great Job! These are Really wonderful. You're Really working hard on these. I'm impressed. Especially since they're carved foam. Cool!

darkranth

Reaction score
So I started the horns and it will be very simple: I'm taking a piece of foam then I insert a metal stick inside to curve it. After that I'll cover it with fleece and I'll find a way to paint the base into yellow.

Go on my photobucket account to see the new pics.

And also, I just bought some big plastic spoon for the eyes. I'll have to find some fabric for the eyes bags and NFT is suppose to send me a sample of fur for Nicky's hair so maybe I'll could use it for Trekkie's eyebrows. And also I'm gonna buy the pupils from craftking. Do you think it's a great place?

Thanks Again!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's excellent looking so far! Nice job!

(PS, My 900th post; 100 moe 'til I'm a senior member!)

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
they all look good...Finish Sunshine...unless she is finsished and she just hasnt got any hair....^_^.

You look like 13...your sooo good at puppet making