1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Tributes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Vic Romano, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I work as a graphic illustrator for a large christian organization and get to do lots of really fun work. In my illustrations, I am given a lot of artistic freedom, and so I thought I'd share a couple of pieces that I snuck in a couple of hidden tributes to the creative genius of Jim.

This first poster is a tribute to Bert and Ernie. The poster is that of encouragement of young children to decide to follow Christ. Not meaning to compete with our Lord, but I thought the hint of the famous duo was in order. It's very subtle, the tribute is simply in the clothes that the kids are wearing, but first look at the poster and see if you can spot the tribute, then click the next image and I'll show you where they are hidden. :p :(

The Poster
    The subtle tribute to Bert and Ernie
    Original poster size was 11" x 17"

This next one isn't as subtle. It's a direct caricature of Jim himself. This is a two page spread of a program booklet that is advertising a huge parade at a theme park. Jim is one of the participants, can you find him?
    Here's what he looks like.
    Here's the spread.
    And here's Jim.
  2. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Wow, Vic those are really good! I spotted Bert and Ernie right away in the first one! Very clever!
  3. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

Holy cow you are awesome! I've seen your anime Muppets, and they were good, but dang! From one artist to another, I bow to you sir!
  4. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

What a wonderful comliment Docnzhoss, I really appreciate that! ( you too redBoobergurl!) :)
  5. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Nice work!

Very nice work. Love them you have some real talent. Look foward to seeing more. I saw your aniami Muppets too they are awsome.
  6. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

Those are great! Graphic art is really hard to do. I took a class a few years ago on it.

ryan
  7. Telekinesis

Telekinesis New Member

Amazing work, Vic. It's good to see you're still around. I've been slacking a bit with posting, myself.
  8. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Good to see you around, I was wondering where you went. :)
  9. christyb

christyb New Member

Vic, I'm a terrible friend. I looked at these forever ago. I can't believe I didn't tell you how great they are! Forgive me? :(
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

And I saw them too, and didn't say nothing even though they are AWESOME!
  11. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

First time I've seen them, lovely job!