1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Trip to LeLand Museum - I FOUND MULEY!

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Krazedmuppet, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

So, my husband suprised me last weekend. He drove me 2 1/2 hours to get to LeLand Mississippi to see the Jim Henson Boyhood museum. It was a lot of fun! what was the funniest part is when I signed the guest book, I decided to be nosy and found our Kevin aka Fozzie Bear aka Mulie signed in on the first page I turned to! and even more I found stuff that he left behind.
    :) *by the way Kevin the caretaker of the museum went on and on about how wonderful you were for drawing that picture for her son who is in Iraq- that was very sweet of you guys and ment the wold to her, she said she made like 5 copies of it, one is forever going to be in the museum*:)

We had a lot of fun, it was really cool to find a MC member (makes you guys "real", lol)

here are some pictures of the museum
    http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/krazedmuppet/Leland MS/

enjoy!
  2. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

FUN! I'm so jealous Katie, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing the pictures, very cool!
  3. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's great; must have been lots of fun! Hehe, now there are two MC members!
    :)
  4. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

wwow! sooo cool. I want to go to LeLand someday! :D
  5. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Hey, nice photos! And cute haircut, by the way! :)

I like the one of you next to the swampy Kermit in the case. Classic!
  6. Krazedmuppet

thank you :) its the shortest ive ever had it!
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hey, Krazedmuppet!

I just accidentally found this thread, and I'm so glad you cared to mention finding Muley's signature there. You can see pictures of the visit in a video montage, some of the photos were taken as part of the Master Replicas Kermit Tour promotion at Leland, and read about Kermit's visit here:

http://muley.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=13

Scroll down to see links to pictures and video montages of pictures.
  8. wes

wes Active Member

OOOO, I have been there before, I even left a couple of my muppet things there.

I went there probably 93, 94 or 95 i cant remember.

When I was in my early teens we would go see my Grandfathers Folks in Jackson and Pearl Miss. Even thought Leland is a long way from there He took me any way. I was amazed how out in the middle of now where it was.
  9. Fozzie Bear

You can totally miss it except for that great Kermit sign by the road!

It's worth going way out there to Leland if you can!
  10. I'd very much like to get out that way sometime in the near future.

Did you see the new pics of it on the flickr page this week?
  11. Fozzie Bear

I saw those. Really nice stuff. Better than the ones I took! Ha!

What's great about the way we do these things is that, since so many people can't get a chance to go see it, when we put it up on the 'net it gives folks that opportunity!

I'm still impressed someone cared enough to mention that they found Muley! :)
    (Thanks, Katie!)
  12. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

OMG! The Song Of The Cloud Forest guys! I NEED to go there!

*Sorry, I'll calm down now* :)

That was my childhood fear but now, I'll be pleading to my parents to take me down there. Thanks so much for posting pics and making my day!

EDIT: Wait! A mistake in the Henson Home? A close look at the descriptin on SOTCF will reveal the story of Milton searching for his mate, there named Thelma. In the special, her name was Ruth... strange.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Ruth_(golden_toad)
  13. Krazedmuppet

The pleasure was all mine Kevin! It made MC seem more real when I found that- I was like “I know him! He is a friend of mine!u201D (your all my friends :) )
    and also like I said, you really touched that lady's life at a hard time in her life when her son was deployed, she seriously was almost in tears.
  14. Fozzie Bear

It's all a part of what Jim Henson's message was: do that extra little bit to make someone happy and make a positive change in someone's life! If we all do that, we're making Jim's plan to 'leave the world a little better by his having been here' a reality.
  15. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I went there with my family when I was a little kid... I sure would like to visit again. It's been ages, and I couldn't have been more than 8 or 9. The lady there was astounded by my knowledge of characters' names and personalities. :)
  16. Fozzie Bear

Ha ha, folks just don't understand our fandom, do they? :)
  17. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Aah, no they don't. And my fandom started early... I was a Muppet freak by the time I weas 5. And I've never looked back since.
  18. Krazedmuppet

I was 3- only 2 years before he died, I actualy remember watching that on the news and the specials. I had had the “he died” talk just before that because my grandfather died the year before. so I kinda understood