Tropic Thunder Thread

Frogster

Reaction score
I saw this movie last night, and I really enjoyed it! There's your main cast comprised of Ben Stiller, Robert Downey, Jr. and Jack Black, plus a bunch of other special guest appearances; Matthew McConaughey, Tobey McGuire, John Voight, Nick Nolte, Danny McBride, Bill Hader, Lance Bass, and Tom Cruise, who absolutely steals the show! It totally makes up for his stint on Oprah, and then some. I saw a Cruise that I never thought I'd see, and when you see it you'll know what I mean, it's just THAT funny!

And the story wasn't bad; I'm normally not a Stiller fan, but this was really good. And if anyone met Cruise's Les Grossman character, it'd be Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal of an Austrailian who goes through surgery to play an African American that really makes the movie. Oh, and don't be fooled by the spoof commercials at the beginning lol. So what'd you guys think?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Meh, I thought it was ok when I saw last week.

Best performance I enjoyed was Robert Downey Jr's.

Weirdest one, although there were a few funny scenes especially where he's talking on the cell phone to the people holding Ben Stiller for ransom, was Tom Cruise.

I wasn't impressed with Ben Stiller, although I hardly find him funny. He's okay though.

Jack Black was acting like he always does in the movies he's in.

anytimepally

Reaction score
this movie disappointed me.. go see Pineapple Express instead if you want to see a funny movie.. although ryhoyarbie is right, Robert Downey, Jr was pretty good

Frogster

Reaction score
LOL... yeah Pineapple Express was much better! I just liked the Robert DJ and Cruise parts best

anytimepally

Reaction score
I also liked the fake previews and commercial at the beginning

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I hear Pineapple Express is good! It seems to be a sleeper hit!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was actually very surprised by this! It was pretty funny. Haven't seen Pineapple Express yet, but I will because I love stoner movies/ Step Brothers was really good though, anyone see that?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I was almost tempted to see Step Brothers but decided to pass up on it. I still haven't seen Farrel's "Blades Of Glory" or "SemiPro".

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wasn't impressed with either, but Blades of Glory was better then SemiPro.