TRS-80 CoCo 2

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I'm getting very frustrated trying to find games (on cassette) for my CoCo2! Those of you with this particular classic computer will know what I'm talking about. I have a perfectly working unit, with joysticks, and 1 game (on a ROM cartridge!) and the programming book that came with it in 1982. That's it. I used to have tapes and tapes and tapes filled with BASIC and Machine-Language games, and it was wonderful. (Mine's only a 16K model, so I can't run any of the larger programs, and I don't have Extended Basic either.)

Can anyone help? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Who am I? I'm lost! I could trade Muppet stuff for copies of cassette games if anyone has them!

Help!

later
eric

prickle747

Reaction score
hmmmm have you tried to find a trade forum for trs-80 stuff ?

i use to have a Vic 20.........remember those ? my first computer.
$500.00 for the computer,and $ 800.00 for a floppy disk drive.
i remember those prices very well and around $ 500.00 for a dot matrix printer.........amazing what you can get today for that $$$.

i found a vic-20 emulator that works for windows and can play applications right on the computer here !

however i know that nostelgic feeling is not the same......... :frown:

here is a trs-80 emulator link for you

http://discover-net.net/~dmkeil/index.htm

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
prickle747 said:
hmmmm have you tried to find a trade forum for trs-80 stuff ?

i use to have a Vic 20.........remember those ? my first computer.
$500.00 for the computer,and $ 800.00 for a floppy disk drive.
i remember those prices very well and around $ 500.00 for a dot matrix printer.........amazing what you can get today for that $$$.
Thanks for the link. Yeah, I've tried forums for TRS-80, or at least I would if there were any left. Seems this computer is falling by the wayside. It was such a big part of my youth, and I don't want to let it go. Sound familiar, Muppet Central? :smile: Anyway, I was just putting out the word. The more people that can help the better, you know?

Thanks for the link, but I've got 4 different CoCo emulators already, none of them run the same, believe me. And besides, if the emulator's not for my Mac (there's only one written for Mac) I have to run my PC emulator to run the CoCo emulator. This causes all sorts of....um......fun! HeHe. Anyway, yeah, the Vic-20 was quite the beast. Very expensive and not very powerful. That's how they all were in those days! My best friend at the time had Vic-20 when I got the CoCo and there was always that little bit of rivalry there. Of course, later, when I got into Amiga (MAN!) I understood Commodore a little more.

AAAAAHHHHH, the memories. I've been in yesterday-land for the last few days...Anyone here from Ontario used to watch TVO shows in the 70's and early 80's? I found a tribute page to these long forgotten and apparently rare shows. I'll look it up and post the link for anyone who's interested. Just a little more nostalgia for us fogies!

later
eric