Tux Bunsen and Beaker photo!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
hi gang! i just saw these at the action figure fourm so i'm sure many of you have seen them, but if you havent here they are, i don't know if they are offical or not. i do hope a softer plastic was made for bunsen glasses thought. it would have been a smart thing to do, i know that many people out there had to bring there regular bunsen fig to the eye doctor to buy new glasses;-)

these were posted by Shooter Johnson on the other forum as to give credit where it's due. http://forums.palisadestoys.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=20467

Zack)Rowlf the, why do i feel like i have seen these before? Dog.

Luke

Reaction score
They look good, but have we ever actually SEEN Bunsen and Beaker in tuxes ? I dunno - all these tux figures are getting a bit tacky in my mind ....... do we actually need them or is this just an easy way for Palisades to get a variant out there and collect the $$$$$ (not saying thats a bad thing). I mean it uses the same head mold, and only two paint colors on the body - i figure they cost less to make than the rest.

scarecroe

Reaction score
In regards to fixing Bunsen's glasses, I opted not to replace the figure myself as it would likely just break again. Instead, I drew them on with a pencil first, and then went over it with a sharpie. Jes suggested I use a dimensional paint to go over it, but I haven't done that yet. For a Bunsen figure whose glasses won't break now, I think he looks pretty acceptable for me....

http://www.scarecroe.com/files/bunsen_glasses.jpg

As for Beaker and Bunsen in a tux, it seems to me, they probably were seen dressed as so in "The Muppets - A Celebration of 30 Years," but I'm not sure on that.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Jes suggested I use a dimensional paint to go over it, but I haven't done that yet.
Lazy!

:big_grin:

Your glasses do look good, but the reason I suggested the paint is to cover over the "texture" (from his face) in the lines you drew. The paint would make a nice smooth line and I think would look very nice. Of course, you will need a very thin tip, and should practice drawing a smooth, straight line on paper before you go for it on the figure.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
you will need a very thin tip, and should practice drawing a smooth, straight line on paper before you go for it on the figure.
Yeah, I've thought of that and how I'm probably never going to get it right and will likely just end up screwing up my Bunsen face. It's probably safer for me to leave it the way it is :rolleyes:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Yeah, I've thought of that and how I'm probably never going to get it right and will likely just end up screwing up my Bunsen face. It's probably safer for me to leave it the way it is :rolleyes:
Lazy *and* chicken. Now I got your number...

:wink:

No seriously, you have a minute or two if you mess up. You should be able to cleanly wipe off the paint before it dries and then start over. I bet you can do it.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Lazy *and* chicken. Now I got your number...
I can imagine you taunting your schoolkids - "Hmmm - so Mister, you're six and you still haven't managed to make a scale minature of Buckingham Palace from matchsticks. You lazy bum - take 100 lines little dude, you're getting an F !" :big_grin:

Then again, i've always liked a woman with authority ! :rolleyes:

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
To be honest Bunsen and Beaker would have been my last choices for tux versions. I think any of the band, or Fozzie, Scooter, and Sam would have been better choices. But as usual they still look good, and I will purchase them.

Just my two cents.
-Artie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like the idea. I don't find it tacky at all. Just because it's not that difficult to make, doesn't make it tacky. It's good for the companhy to get more mileage from a sculpt. Companies do that all the time. It's a good idea for a club/show exclusive. I think we will see more characters in tuxes eventually. I find this 2 pack exciting! It's always good to circulate versions of earlier series too. The big question is if Tux Gonzo will have a black and white repaint. :smile: