Tux Bunsen and Beaker photo!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The big question is if Tux Gonzo will have a black and white repaint.
yeah i thought of this too because of the purple tux, and i said maybe camila could be in a dress with a black tux gonzo later on

I do like this idea but only to a certain limit, i mean i have read that Ken said he would like to put all the charcters in Tux's...All the characters? Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, and Clifford?

I don't know if i would buy all of those and i'm trying to get as many as i with reason can, not talking about a completest or anything holiday kermit can go on a holiday for what i care and a diffrent carded or mispackaged figure can be put in a rocket and sent to the moon, i just mean the one's in stores and the CC.

I think Fozzie, Sam, Scooter, Statler and Waldorf, Gonzo and Pepe, Rizzo, Robin with a VERY large top hat, and possable Bobo or atleast the suit he wore in MFS are good why they could even do a miss Piggy in a more femine Tux and maybe janice too, Piggy has worn a Tux with top hat in the Muppet show in the Roudoh Narahey (SP?) ep.

Bunsen and Beaker are kinda a surprize in Tuxes, they look good though and i'm glad they will come together, as will the vaudville statler and waldorf, so if tuxes are made for them they should come together.

Hmmm. how about Sweetums in a tux? if would be cool if he could come with robin in a tux, i know it's said that Robin will not come with the reg Sweetums if and hopfuly he's made but robin is the perfect accseory(SP) for sweetums i would rather have sweetums just come with robin then any other thing.

There was talk of a Dr. Teeth in a ripped up tux or something? I hope another repaint is made of Dr Teeth, not the same one but a new one to go with all the other bandmember repaints that can now be more easily gotten then the WW Dr. Teeth repaint. well if Teeth is put in a tux them people would want the whole band in tux's as the same with how i mention Janice before, animal could have a ripped tux too;-)

Zack,

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
It's good for the companhy to get more mileage from a sculpt. Companies do that all the time.
I agree, but we hardly ever saw most of the characters in tuxes - it just isn't Muppety. Thats why i think it's quite lame when more and more characters start appearing that way. Unless Ken's planning a ballroom playset !

Thog

Reaction score
What ever happend to the super hero Scooter that was planned as an exclusive? Are they still going to do him?

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't understand the Tux versions. Kermit is cool in a tux and we saw him in one during the Happy Feet number, I think, and I like the Rowlf in a tux because he looks like he is playing at CarnigyHall (sp?) But Bunsen and Beaker, or any other figures for that matter? If they want to get mileage out of a sculpt they should do what they did with Fozzie. 4 different figures that made some sense. Even vacation fozzie, which made no sense to me at first, has muppet twists like his suit case with all the stickers. Tux variants are just a way to get another version out without having to think too much about it. I can imagine the people at Plaisades right now saying "Hey! Let's just put every figure into a tux for no apparent reason at all!" Just seems lazy to me. I do like them but it makes no sense, unless of course you want to create your own Muppet formal dinner. :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Yup, thats kinda my point too Wiggy, it's just lazy and not in the least creative. They kinda know these are for the hardcore collectors and members of the club, they'll buy anything so there ya go - another Tux variant. Kermit was fine but anything other than thats cheap - i know they have to think about making more money from the license but if they have to pay to sculpt the new tux body for each figure they might as well make a better variant. I guess they can only be saving money on the paint application process. More Muppet figures is great for now but if sales for the line continue to be *ahem* 'lukewarm' and they have to do fewer i hope it'll be the tux's that kick the bucket before anything else.

I love the Palisades guys to bits, and support the line totally but i don't think it follows the vision of the line - Tuxedos just aren't Muppety !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Tuxes are Muppety. They wore them in the 30th anniversary celebration and in The Muppets Take Manhattan. It's just a fun tux version. Geez. It probably was either that or nothing. They need to be cost effective. It's not lazy at all. Nobody is being forced to buy them. :rolleyes:

WiGgY

Reaction score
They wore muppet tuxes in MTM. These tuxes are just plain black and white. I know they aren't making us buy them but they are knocking out other figures for tux ones. Tux Rowlf, though looks very cool, is taking up a space for say regualr Rowlf or maybe some other character. I like the Tux Rowlf and I like the tux kermit, and having them in tuxes makes sense, but I'd rather not see another Tux version in the regular series. Exclusives are fine because they are meant for collector's anyway.

Now on a different note, I'm really concerned about the quality of some of the materials used in the muppet line. Those wires in muppet labs snapped, joints are sticking and people who don't know about the whole freezing thing are snapping limbs left and right ( hehehe left and right. I'm so funny :big_grin: ) , It seems that the wire connecting the guitar to the base on the Floyd figures can break easily and the bass itself is light weight and knocks over easily. I still love the figures and when my animal broke I went and got a new one, but other people aren't this understanding. I hope series 3 has less breakage issues.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You have to separate Tux Rowlf from the other characters when you are discussing tuxed figures. Why? Well, this discussion was brought up months ago.

Tux and Regular Rowlf were to come out around the same time. The piano and accessories are slightly different and there were complaints about Tux Rowlf being an exclusive. Members also remarked how they wanted more articulation on regular Rowlf (waist and ears) and some will be put into the new sculpt. It couldn't be prepared for wave 3 so it will be released later. Instead of depriving us of Rowlf or being in the hole for the expense of the sculpt, Palisades decided to release Tux Rowlf in the regular series. So, it was Tux Rowlf or nothing - and if there's any Muppet that should be in a Tux, it's Rowlf with his shiny baby grand piano.

The other characters are just fun. It's nice to see them dressed up. They started the series with Tux Kermit and decided to carry through with the main characters. Except for Kermit and Rowlf, Tux figures are not part of the regular line, they are exclusives. So there is no reason to get them if you don't want them. That’s why they are made in smaller numbers.

Breakage issues: I have the entire collection. In some cases - two or more of certain characters. I've had 2 sticky joints that I successfully worked through. I don't think there really is that big of a QC issue. I think it's being exaggerated, but it does happen. I believe that Palisades has fired the former company and gone with someone else to manufacture the figures for series 3. There will always be a percentage of breakage in any product, but they are troubleshooting that now. There's always a learning curve at the beginning of a run.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Tuxes are Muppety. They wore them in the 30th anniversary celebration and in The Muppets Take Manhattan. It's just a fun tux version. Geez. It probably was either that or nothing. They need to be cost effective. It's not lazy at all. Nobody is being forced to buy them. :rolleyes:
Muppets wore fun zany silver & purple tuxedo's in MTM - now THAT i'd like to see ..... it's Muppety ! Of course it's better to have figures than no figures ........ agree totally there if that is the case, just they can only be saving on the paint applications so it would have been better to see more original variants. Something like 'Pepe in a tutu' will i guess be a fairly cheap variant because most of the figure body will be pink but it's way cool.

As for 'nobodies being forced to buy them' - true for Rowlf and Kermit, and even in a way for Beaker/Bunsen ....... but people paid their money for the collectors club membership and this is available as part of that deal is it not ? If it was me i would have expected more creative variants, although obviously a good number of those ARE coming and people got a great deal for their money.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are all sorts of variants to choose from. These are just two. I think people will be getting a lot for their money. Especially when this unnamed exclusive character comes out. I just don't like to see the moaning about every tiny decision. Just seems silly. Tux characters are fun, and easier to sculpt than a Tutu Pepe. They also help complete the Tux set. Would I want a Tux Sal or a Tux Lew. Probably not. I would likely buy them anyway, but making tux versions of the 5 main characters, Bunsen and Beaker with maybe Teeth and Electric Mayhem menbers would be fine with me. They are not my favorite item, but they're fun. Part of the group is always going to groan about something. Some will groan about Vaudville Statler and Waldorf - especially because they will come out before the regular versions. Just buy the ones you want. If the tux versions don't get a favorable response, they will stop making them. I just don't see that to be the case. I really like the Bunsen & Beaker Tux 2 pack idea. I predict that it will be quite popular.