TV Alert: AMC Muppet Movie Marathon December 11 and 22

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The AMC Channel is hosting a terrific Muppet Marathon beginning this Friday December 11.

Here's the schedule:
  • Fri 12/11 at 7:00 pm eastern – The Muppet Movie (Muppet Marathon)
  • Fri 12/11 at 9:00 pm eastern – A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa (Muppet Marathon)
  • Fri 12/11 at 10:00 pm eastern – Muppet Treasure Island (Muppet Marathon)
  • Fri 12/11 at 12:30 am eastern – The Great Muppet Caper (Muppet Marathon)
Encore broadcasts will air on these dates:
  • Thu 12/17 at 10:30 pm eastern – A Muppets Christmas: A Letter to Santa
  • Tue 12/22 at 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm eastern – The Muppet Movie
  • Tue 12/22 at 8:00 pm and 11:00 pm eastern – A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa

If you saw the Muppet Marathon please like this post and share your thoughts below.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't care for Comcast's description of TMM: "Puppets upstage celebrity stars."

Are people outside the Muppet fandom really that thick to realize that the Muppets are the stars of their own movies, not the celebrities?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw TMM tonight, it brought back wonderful memories.

The one nitpick I have is that I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along was shortened, odd when you consider that all other songs were presented in their entirety.
Happy tears at Rainbow Connection at the beginning... The cameo by :wisdom: made me hugely smile... Remembering the real rainbow effect at the end and thinking of the entire Muppet group shot at the end. Glad I caught this. :smile: :jim: :electric:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know if this marathon is airing as a result of the new series or not, but lately I'd been thinking that Disney should air some Muppet marathons on its cable channels. Marathons of movies, specials, and The Muppet Show. And yet this isn't a Disney-owned channel, but great that they're being aired.

In fact, there's been quite a bit of Muppet stuff airing this month and last, and yet most of them are on non-Disney-owned channels, with this marathon on AMC, The Muppet Christmas Carol having aired on Lifetime, Muppets Most Wanted getting a Starz broadcast, and VH1 airing the Lady Gaga special (albeit at a very early in the morning hour). I feel like I'm forgetting something. And yet the Disney-owned ABC Family will be airing the Henson-retained Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas and Bells of Fraggle Rock tomorrow.

Watching The Great Muppet Caper, and is it just me, or is this broadcast time compressed? To me the music sounds a little faster, yet the dialogue doesn't sound faster than I'm used to. I'm also noticing music in places I hadn't noticed the music before.

They cut most of Night Life. Right after Lips says "How 'bout a little traveling music?", it abruptly cuts to near the end of the song, with Miss Piggy telling Kermit they don't need to play so loud. In fact you start to hear Janice talking right before it cuts to near the end of the son

Last edited by a moderator: