1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV Alert: Fraggle Rock-a-thon 30th anniversary on The Hub April 21

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

This Sunday don't miss the Fraggle Rock-a-thon 30th Anniversary on The Hub, Sunday April 21 beginning at 9 am eastern, 8 am central. All-new Fraggle promos will also be seen during the six-episode marathon.

Here is an advance look at a few promos featuring Red Fraggle (Karen Prell) and Gobo Fraggle (John Tartaglia)...

Here are the six episodes scheduled to air during the Fraggle-Rock-a-thon...

Beginnings
    The Day the Music Died
    The Secret Society of Poohbahs
    The River of Life
    Inspector Red
    Change of Address

And here is the official announcement from The Hub...

To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of “Fraggle Rock” The Hub will telecast a special three-hour marathon of six back-to-back episodes of the landmark television series. Created by Jim Henson, “Fraggle Rock” is a world of brightly lit caves where Gobo, Red, Mokey, Wembley, and Boober live. While the Fraggles spend their days laughing, singing and playing, they also face thrilling adventures as they learn to co-exist with other forms of life that live in the caves.

If you saw this appearance or enjoy the new videos, please "like" this message.
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Oh boy, I just noticed they are showing the infamous "racial slur" episode. This is going to be amusing to see. :coy:
  3. MuppetGeek

MuppetGeek Member

What episode is that?
  4. BobThePizzaBoy

Yeah, The Hub didn't edit out Wembley saying "Gee, Gobo". All is good in the world.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  5. BobThePizzaBoy

The Hub just aired a bumper where Gobo got a postcard from Traveling Matt wherein he talks about Equestria. WORLDS COLLIDE!
    FrackleFan2012 and Phillip like this.
  6. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

LOL! I love that MLP: FIM reference, too. :laugh:
  7. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Bob, what's a racial slur?
  8. BobThePizzaBoy

9. BobThePizzaBoy

And then The Hub followed up three hours of Fraggle Rock with an hour of Animaniacs. The Hub > Any of Nickelodeon's channels. That is all.
  10. muppetfan24/7

11. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Don't worry I made that same mistake before!
  12. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow! thats awesome hope theres a video on youtube soon!
  13. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Hey! I like Nicktoons, Bob! They're the reason I wanna be an animator!

Anyway, I did get to see only the first episode in the marathon. :sigh: I thought my sisters were going to church today, but because one of them still needs more music practice before her lesson, it seemed better off if I went to church instead. So it was just Mom and me over there this morning.

I know, I was beginning to regret not seeing the marathon when the church's worship team, who were playing bluegrass music today, began to play that one song that goes 'All the way my Savior leads me'. I felt happier, because Mom always points to that song as something that reminds her of Fraggles walking through the caves and tunnels of their homes. :dreamy: I've been thinking recently that my life seems to be going nowhere. I think I have no idea what it means to live; then again, I remember how those characters journeyed throughout the series wondering such deep topics. I just have to keep believing that my life will began took take fruit somewhere near, and hopefully not far...

Sorry I wasn't able to get the full experience compared to any of you guys. It's still worth it for me to see John Tartaglia's performance for Gobo. :) (How do you pronunce his last name? Cause I keep thinking 'Talladega' for some weird reason...:smirk:)
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

Tar-tag-lia. It's really easy once you get a handle on it.
  15. muppetfan24/7

Since Bob's not responding right away, my guess would be, "The Day the Music Died."
  16. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Okay, what's up this 'world collision?' I don't mind toying with horse dolls as much as the next girl, (and yes, I do have a friend, a guy who's also a bronie,) but the My Little Pony franchise is for girls, much too demographic! Fraggle Rock was made for a worldwide audience regardless of culture, ethnicity, or gender. To mix both series is just insane, BAD insanity! :eek: Though I don't mind those cartoonists of MAD Magazine covering the perspective, they're always 'mad!' to do anything. (Get it?)

;) Come to think of it, all of what you said in this issue right here, on the J--
    [No thanks, Scooter. I don't need any examples. Just being figurative.]
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I hope you're kidding.
  18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Wow...I don't like MLP, but I think that it speaks volumes if a show can appeal to a wide variety of people even if the show is out of their demographic. It means they are doing something right. It may be marketed to girls, but that does not mean that bars others from enjoying it.

That's like saying Sesame Street characters should not have appeared on the Muppet show because the SS demographic is for very young children. That's saying that the Muppets and Sesame Street should stay far away from each other, and by extension, there can't be any adult fans. And you also pretty much insulted your friend by saying that, implying that because he is a male, he cannot like the show.
    Atomic Rexx and Bliffenstimmers like this.
  19. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

...I still think something about it seems wrong, but maybe some of you are right, the reasoning was wrong. I wish to make an apology for that post. So, I'm sorry. :o Will you ever forgive me?
  20. Vicki Fraggle

Vicki Fraggle Active Member

I'm so sad, Gobo sounds different! He need to practice his voice more. Jerry can't be replaced.