1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: Gonzo on Jimmy Kimmel Live 3/3

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Minstrel Murray, Feb 22, 2014.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

If you guys wanted a clip from the movie, you should have watched Tina Fay's appearance on Jimmy Fallon while Kimmel was still chatting to Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford. I'm sure both appearances are already up on the appropriate Facetube or Hoodoo sites. :concern:

2. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

Gonzo's "That feels pretty good" when Jimmy put the hat on him cracks me up. :p

Duke Remington likes this.
  3. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

First Clip

FrackleFan2012 and DrDientes like this.
  4. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Second Clip

FrackleFan2012 and DrDientes like this.
  5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This was wonderful! Gonzo doesn't make enough solo appearances.

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

It was really great seeing Gonzo on Jimmy Kimmel! :concern:

I myself have gotten use to Gonzo's new look. At first I was like "What happened to Gonzo?" but the more I saw with that puppet I've gotten use to Gonzo's new look. Muppet characters evolve all the time and I'm use to it.

When they rebuilt Sam Eagle I did not like how his eyebrows were too bushy and how his mouth didn't open wide enough, but ever since the 2011 Muppets movie Sam looks a lot better now. I mean you compare today's Sam with the MFS Sam you'll say that he looks better today! :attitude:

7. antsamthompson9

It takes time for people to get used to new puppets. I've gotten used to Gonzo's new look and I'm not complaining.

ploobis and Duke Remington like this.
  8. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Sorry to be the first to mention it, but Gonzo's movements seemed...awkward and off. Almost like an RC puppet, but clearly not. It just felt weird

9. antsamthompson9

Part of that must be due to Dave getting older. Just found out Sam will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight!

muppetlover123 likes this.
  10. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

I think some of it was that Dave was in a bad position. He was obviously having a hard time reaching around the chair to move Gonzo's arm; I think it was also making it hard to move his head and mouth. I would guess that's why Gonzo's head was always turned to the left. They probably set up the chair without fully testing the logistics of puppeteering through it.

ploobis likes this.
  11. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Ahhh, that did my heart good. I love Gonzo's off-the-cuff stuff. He comes across as more himself than he did in the 2011 movie. "It's a win-win situation!"

The one thing that bugs me about the puppet is that its mouth doesn't seem to want to close right. It was less obvious here, possibly due to the lighting. But, really, can't they make a lower jaw that matches the upper?

TheWeirdoGirl and AlittleMayhem like this.
  12. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I agree, and that's really apparent in the "sequel" song number from MMW

13. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

FrackleFan2012 and galagr like this.
  14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I just happened to think... has the old "Whatever" schtick gotten old? When Jimmy asked Gonzo what exactly was he, I was expecting Gonzo to respond with, "A, um... Whatever", but that wasn't the case.

15. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Well now it's kind of apparent that Dave Goelz also wasn't a fan of MFS. I'm not sure if it was scripted or not, but if Dave liked MFS he would've said he's an alien.