1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV Alert: Grover and Telly on Fox and Friends May 31

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, May 30, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thursday morning, don't miss Grover and Telly on Fox and Friends on the Fox News Channel.

According to Sesame Workshop, the appearance is scheduled for 8:45 am eastern, 7:45 am central. Grover and Telly will be discussing Sesame Workshop's latest initiative for military families.

If you saw the show, please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.
    Cindy, Hubert, galagr and 2 others like this.
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

They're on right now.

Am I the only one who was offended that they used the song Mahna Mahna earlier to say they were coming on? I know it was performed on Sesame Street, but I don't like the idea of confusing more people about the difference between the Muppet Show and Sesame Street.

EDIT: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the Muppet Show theme is playing in the background...
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Let this go down on record.

Next time we have any claims that Fox News is inaccurate, we have PROOF. :D
    jvcarroll and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yes, we do. Thankfully...

But luckily they did play the SST theme then. And it wasn't really much of an appearance, but better than nothing I guess. I loved the Telly eye contact thing.
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

And this is why I refuse to watch anything Fox and Friends (though do they have anyone that can actually be called "friends" at this point?). Wait, you needed proof they were inaccurate before now? Haven't you been watching the Daily Show? Mmm, neither have I recently. Meh. *Leaves scatting to the tune of Everybody's Song, that, at least, is an SST song sung by the Mahna Mahna-ish character named Bip Bipadotta.
  6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

wow :(

Edit: thats a fail on their part
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

And that's all I think needs to be said. LOL!
    DramaQueenMokey and Hayley B like this.
  8. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Did anyone catch that she was calling Telly, Grover?
  9. Pinkflower7783

Now that is just pathetic. :rolleyes:
    I didn't catch when they were on but just the fact they were on Fox was enough to make me shiver. I'll try and catch clips later online but seriously the least they could've done was do their homework and play the right music! UGH! Seriously!!!
    Hayley B likes this.
  10. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I kept wondering. Did see ever watch Sesame Street? She looks younger then me.
  11. Pinkflower7783

I like the fact that the "Muppet Show theme" doesn't even register to them that they basically screwed up!!! Geez! Jim Henson is probably rolling over in his grave right now. :jim:
  12. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

My comment towards the Sesame Street Workshop in helping out in entertaining military families children. I think is very nice. They sure could use alot of love at this point.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Yeah that is really nice. I applaude them bunches for that. Fox News I just wanna throw tomatos at though. Lol!
  14. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Oh, what did I expect by coming to this thread? Yeah, of course people posting about how horrible and inaccurate Fox News is. LOL Of course, I saw this one coming. but seriously, we can't just enjoy a Sesame appearance? Whether or not you agree with Fox or not?
  15. Pinkflower7783

Well maybe we'd be complaning less if they had just played the right music. That's like playing Elmo's song when Kermit is a guest. There's no reason they couldn't have done their homework before going on air.

But I'm not gonna say anything more...because any other words I might use would get me banned.
  16. Drtooth

Political affiliations or not, this proves how slap dash their programming is. We'd complain the same if MSNBC called Animal "Elmo."
  17. Pinkflower7783

Okay I will say it could've been any news station that could've done the same thing but...still...at least call the right character by their right name. I mean how do you get Telly and Grover mixed up??? I don't know...there was just a lot of "shaking my head" and I did catch the clips of it online.

HOWEVER like I said I can't say enough of what Sesame Street Workshop is doing for military families I think it's a wonderful thing and I applaude them highly for it.
    Katzi428, Hayley B and Bannanasketch like this.
  18. Drtooth

It's just complete laziness, and unforgivable on any behalf. It's barely a website click away. We're not talking about news facts, we're talking about a 40 something year old edutainment juggernaut that everyone all over the world knows by now. I mean, when people over the age of 40 try to talk about a cartoon series their kid likes that they don't watch and only buy merchandising for... that's annoying but understandable. I can't tell you how many times I held back cringing hearing relatives talk about "Rench and Skimpy." But to mix Sesame Street up with the Muppets? That's an offense that Muppet fandom hates. That's like calling American Graffiti a Star Wars movie because George Lucas did both.

Sesame Street =Muppets, but Muppets do not = Sesame Street.

On the other hand, we should be thankful Disney still lets SW call them Muppets. Henson can't refer to Fraggles as Muppets anymore.
  19. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Not only does this not surprise me but i was already expecting it. Back when Faux News were attacking "The Muppets", they kept mixing up the Classic Muppets with the Sesame Muppets back then, so i was sure they'd do the same today.
  20. Pinkflower7783

God Bless you Dr. Tooth is all have to say on that statement. And that's exactly what I mean it's not like this is a new program just airing on TV that they don't know about or havent caught on yet! This is Sesame Street for petes sake! And it is an offense to hardcore Muppet fans like ourselves. I was just more then anything really disappointed. The apperance of Grover and Telly themselves was fine it was what was being playing in the background that just had me shaking my head the whole time.