1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: Kermit and Constantine on A Very Pentatonix Christmas Special November 27, 2017

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Monday night, don't miss Kermit the Frog on "A Very Pentatonix Christmas Special" on ABC at 10 eastern, 9 central. The special will also re-air on Wednesday December 6 at 8 eastern, 7 central.

Pentatonix celebrate the holiday season and are also joined by Jennifer Hudson, Jay Leno and "America's Got Talent" winner Darci Lynne Farmer.

[​IMG]

If you saw this appearance please like this post and share your thoughts below.

ryan19 and MuppetsRule like this.
  2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This was an awesome appearance, if only because I never expected to see Constantine again. Matt's Kermit is now so good, that Kermit and Constantine sound like two different voices. I came for Kermit, but I also liked Darci Lynn and the stop-motion bit.

3. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any links for us in the UK? :)

4. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

They really need to scrap all of those old Muppet Thought Of The Week stuff that they shot. Matt has improved SO MUCH since then! He sounded incredible here!

One note of criticism though: Whoever was doubling for Kermit in the shots where Constantine didn't really get his mannerisms or head shape down. His head seemed really deformed and flat at times, which immediately changed during the shots where Matt was performing him.

muppetgem likes this.
  5. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

That was Mike Quinn. He and Matt had to keep switching off throughout the shoot.

6. MuppetMan28

MuppetMan28 Member

Here's a video:

muppetgem, Phillip, ryan19 and 2 others like this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

It's really cool that Constantine is still around. I love him so much. Also, Matt did a great job at making the two characters different from each other. That girl seemed pretty bored and lost the whole time though.

I also don't think the writing for this skit was as bad as some are saying.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  8. Mo Frackle

That was great! Especially dug the internet meme joke. Matt did a great job at differentiate the two characters.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  9. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Matt is kind of sounding a little bit like Steve here.

muppetlover123 and Muppetboy09 like this.
  10. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Constantine! I’m glad they found use for him again. Hope he continues to stick around but they still have to find a place for him other then a second Kermit

11. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Matt is getting even better! Constantine was a surprise, I’ll admit, but it’s great to see him again.

I miss Steve as well, but Matt is doing a fantastic job taking over.

muppetgem likes this.
  12. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Well-Known Member

I think it's really awesome that they haven't got rid of Constantine, and I really want him in more things now. Can we get 50 Thoughts of the Weeks with him? lol

Matt's doing a great job, but it's still a little hard to believe that he performs both Kermit and Constantine now, because I'm still hearing Constantine from both of them and it's throwing me off, but can't really control that haha.

I'm very proud and impressed with Matt's performance of Kermit so far in appearances though.

muppetgem likes this.
  13. Mo Frackle

Vocally, Kermit and Constantine may sound similar. But they're still two separate characters. From an acting standpoint, Matt does a fantastic job at keeping them separate.

14. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I may check out the video when I have time rather than waiting until next Wednesday and watching the show for an hour to wait for :) and Constantine, but that was cool. I didn't think we'd see Constantine again now that Matt is performing Kermit, but that does seem like an interesting concept.

15. RowlfFan12

RowlfFan12 Member

I loved this video, and I thought Matt did such a good job as both frogs! I seriously think they should reshoot the Muppet Thought of the Week videos now that Matt's gotten so much better. I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but did Matt physically perform both characters? I was curious.

16. Mo Frackle

He and Mike Quinn alternated constantly, depending on which character had the most dialogue. The final product is a mishmash of Matt as Kermit and Matt as Constantine takes. If you watch closely enough, you can tell when it's Matt and when it's Mike.

17. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it becomes very obvious when Mike is performing the characters (he usually is performing the one who has the least dialogue in said two-shot). His Kermit has a flat/deformed head that makes his eyesight not quite line up with Constantine's, and his Constantine doesn't have as much of an arched mouth as Matt's.

18. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's the best idea. After all, they rerecorded Kermit's dialoge at the end of The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson presumably because Steve has improved with :) over time and the rerecording ended up not sounding so hot, but that's just my opinion.

19. Mo Frackle

Not exactly a rerecord. They tweaked the audio in post.