1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TV Alert: Kermit on 30 Rock Thursday December 6

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Phillip Administrator

Thursday night don't miss Kermit the Frog on "30 Rock" on NBC at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central. Guest stars Florence Henderson, Gayle King and Elaine Stritch will also appear.

[IMG]

If you saw the appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.
  2. DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I just watched the appearance! I really liked it, I thought it was a nice little secret gift to see Kermit and I haven't watched 30 Rock in a looooong time so I had a little catching up to do, but I like this a lot and loved how Kermit stuck around close to the end and looked rather offended (like everyone there) when Jenna announced that she was getting married XD
  3. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I didn't get the joke with Kermit,..
    "Thanks for explaining the afterlife to us Kermit."
    Is there some inside joke that I missed?
  4. Warldorf Active Member

Here's what happened:

Jack's mother comes to NYC for christmas and Jack agrees to do nothing for her. Once she gets a heart attack, he holds a funeral with a eulogy that is heartwarming, comedic and more. Kermit the Frog explains the afterlife. He is also seen in the pew.

Hazel broke up with Kenneth after Liz fired her and He wishes TV was real. He goes to Tracy for advice and meets Florence Henderson from the Brady Bunch and the three get stuck in an elevator. After they

Liz Lemon got married and won an award, and Jenna is mad because she stole her thunder for a surprise wedding. After she is invited to come with Liz to the awards ceremony, she creates a secret plan to hold her wedding at the ceremony. They get into a fight about Jenna's attention grabbing, and instead has her wedding at the funeral.

The episode ends with Kermit's signature "YAAAAAY!!!"
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  5. antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I expected more of Kermit, but his cameo was great.
  6. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

More Kermit would have been nice....
    fufumuppet likes this.
  7. MuppetGuy75 Active Member

Isnt is amazing how that little green frog can light up any scene no matter where he appears? Seeing Kermit on 30 Rock was simply awesome. :)
  8. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. I didn't quite get that either, but still that was a nice appearance.
    fufumuppet likes this.
  9. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

so basicly i didnt miss out on much?
  10. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

No, you can see Kermit's whole appearance in less than one minute, it's near the end, just wait until the episode is put up on NBC's website.
    muppetlover123 likes this.
  11. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Didn't see it (yet), but I don't know how much Kermit you were expecting. It's 30 Rock, they're very rapid comedy. If Kermit were going to appear, it would be for no reason and very quick.
  12. Muppetgirl1 Member

I just watched it and Kermit was the funniest then ever! he popped out of nowhere and YEAH!!!!!! and the show blacked out and you hear Kermit saying YEAH!!!! :):excited:;):crazy: I love Kermit and you see him in the back of other people man I thought it was the best ever I lol so hard that my eyes started to water:). THANK YOU KERMIT FOR THE BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    fufumuppet and MuppetGuy75 like this.
  13. Bannanasketch Active Member

I'll have to catch it on Hulu. I rented The Avengers and watched that instead.
  14. Warldorf Active Member

Well, as a 30 Rock fan I thought the show was hilarious and Kermit made it even better! But also, you can't expect a guest star for long on a show unless they've built up their own character (e. g. James Marsden and Jason Sudeikis), but Kermit was a good touch.
  15. ftnpro Member

Knowing that Tina Fey is a big Muppet fan, I was hoping Liz would interact with Kermit. But hey, I'll take any Kermit cameos I can get!
  16. Warldorf Active Member

Well, at least they probably got to interact behind the scenes!
  17. fufumuppet New Member

I was also disappointed that Kermit wasn't on there for long but you people make a point.
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's what bugs me about knowing these things in advance. Everyone expects to see someone who's got a cameo to be in the entire episode, when it could be something as quick as a Family Guy-esque cut scene. I once sat through an entire episode of Glee because they advertised a Chewbacca cameo. Know how long he was on there? A blink and you miss it (and I almost did) 1 second.

That said, no one told me Andrea Martin was in this episode too. That was also pretty great. Too bad she didn't have more lines.

The Kermit usage was genius, though. A celebrity appearance in an overdone funeral eulogy... and complete with YAAAAAAYYYY when Paul McCartney was announced.
  19. Borples Active Member

So the appearance was cute and funny. It's always good to see Kermit, of course, and I'd love to hear his take on the afterlife, heh. But what in the world is going on with that show? I haven't watched it in a few years, and I only watched the end of this one, but there's a wacky funeral, and a wackier wedding, and wow, they've just totally gone off the deep end, haven't they? Not that that's a bad thing. :)

I keep listening to the two "yays," the one where Kermit's at the podium and the one after the fade to black. I'm trying to decide if the latter is really Kermit, or one of the cast members doing and impersonation. There's something off about the "ay" part of the "yay." Yes, yes, I, too, have gone off the deep end.
  20. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

"Wacky" is precisely what 30 Rock is all about.