1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: Kermit on "Live with Kelly and Michael" on Monday February 3

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Monday after the Super Bowl, be sure to watch Kermit on "Live with Kelly and Michael" promoting the Muppets Super Bowl Toyota ad and Muppets Most Wanted. Check local stations for times in your area.

After you see the appearance, please post your thoughts.

[​IMG]

If you saw the appearance, please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Love how amorous Kermit is to Piggy recently. So refreshing to hear him speak well of her instead of the same skittish routine we've seen too many times already.

But LOVING the clip they showed. I love how they lampshaded the "DIE Muppet Show" German title.

3. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. But like we've talked about before, Piggy's personality needs to tone down a little bit. I hope they show her in an interview soon and maybe remedy that.

Now, not to open this can of worms again, but that was still Steve as Kermit, right? I thought his voice was a bit hoarse in the interview, but he sounded good in the clip they showed.

I'm guessing maybe he just had a 'frog' in his throat or something. Any thoughts on this?

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

What was the clip they showed? Im assuming its something on their world tour

5. Drtooth

It showed them arriving at their venue in Germany, and it had a sign that said "Die Muppets" (The Muppets), Rowlf looks at it perplexed, and Statler and Waldorf comment on it.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  6. muppetlover123

Was it with Constantine or Kermit

7. Joel Munday

Joel Munday New Member

The interview was cute to me but too short

8. Drtooth

Yeah. It sucks they always have to put them on at the end. But on the plus side, the media blitz to MMW is starting up.

9. muppetlover123

Any video yet?

10. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I know what you mean. We had to go through that bit about Michael Whatshisname making the Hall of Fame. Then Josh Groban. I should probably just have taped it and fast forwarded it, but I don't have a means of taping things anymore since the TV at my parents' house isn't connected to the VCR anymore. Long story there.

11. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was very good. To answer Daffy's question, it was Steve.

12. Daffyfan2003

Thanks, Antsam. I was getting worried there when I heard the voice. I guess Steve is kind of getting up there. I notice a hoarseness in his voice for recent appearances, but I guess that's understandable, especially in live appearances when there's not a lot of time to rehearse.

13. muppetlover123

did anyone record this on their tv? Someone should take a video of it. I checked the Kelly and Michael website and they dont have it/

14. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

I know. I recorded it, but I haven't taken any videos yet.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  15. muppetlover123

You should!

16. muppetlover123

Anyone going to upload a video? Would really love to see this apperance and clip.....

17. muppetlover123

can you upload a video please? of at least the clip from MMW. Or can anyone?

18. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

That happens with everyone when they age. Listen to Big Bird, Baby Bear or Murray.

19. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I know what you mean. I've noticed a bit of a change in Caroll's Big Bird voice over the last few seasons. As for BB and Murray, I may need to listen again. I guess I don't notice it as much with the SS characters now that new episodes are on regularly, but Kermit hasn't had a lot of appearances in recent years so the difference is a little more noticeable.

20. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

I haven't watched Sesame Street in a LONG time, but yeah. I guess for the fact since Carroll Spinney has been Big Bird's voice since the start of Sesame Street in 1969.