1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: Kermit on "Red Nose Day" on NBC May 21, 2015

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, May 21, 2015.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Tonight watch Kermit the Frog and Ed Sheeran sing live on NBC at 8 eastern, 7 central for Red Nose Day.

NBC’s “Red Nose Day” live special will be hosted by Seth Meyers, David Duchovny and Jane Krakowski. The three hour live charity event will include such star power as Ed Sheeran, Josh Groban, Christian Slater, Al Roker, Andy Cohen, Kellan Lutz and Kermit the Frog. They are all coming together to help children out of poverty in the U.S. and in some of the poorest communities in the world.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

RowlfFan12 and MUPPETFAN1976 like this.
  2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was pretty good. I liked how Ed impressed Kermit with how long he could hold notes.

3. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

Beautiful performance of "Rainbow Connection". Going to upload it very soon.

4. RowlfFan12

RowlfFan12 Member

"Why don't they call it 'Green Nose Day'? No...it wouldn't be the same." :)
    It was a very good appearance. I didn't like Rainbow Connection being that fast, but that's a personal thing. Every appearance like this reminds me how great a job Steve Whitmire is doing with Kermit.

5. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

Speaking of Steve, Congrats on 25 years of performing Kermit!

6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Here it is:

WalterLinz and JimAndFrank like this.
  7. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I'm not really a big fan of Ed Sheeran, but he seems to be a really nice guy. I liked this appearance: it was nice to hear a different take on Rainbow Connection and Kermit is still in top form!

Yay!!! There are many reasons why Steve is my favourite Muppeteer. I'm nothing but grateful for his ability to utilise all he knew about Jim to keep this wonderfully complex character alive.

MUPPETFAN1976 and dwayne1115 like this.