TV Alert: Muppet Christmas Carol to air on ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just saw the schedule for ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas this year and ABC Family is FINALLY showing some Muppet Christmas content this year. The Muppet Christmas Carol will air on December 6 and 23.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Mupdate. The other thing I can count on from ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas is them to premiere the latest Pixar movie from two years ago, which last year was the Toy Story three-day weekend... And this year means the airing of Drtooth's favorite sequel... The movie that pretty much garnered a Triumph-ant reaction. :stick_out_tongue:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Yay! Last year, I think they showed it on the Hub, so this is kind of a surprise, though a pleasant one!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
By the way, I checked again, on december 6 it'll air at 6:30/7:30 central, and on the 23rd it'll air at 8:00/7:00 Central.

Ever since I first watched The 25 Days of Christmas back in 2008 and saw that it included a lot of nostalgiac programming (both Christmas and non-Christmas) I've felt that the channel needed to show some of the Muppet Christmas stuff (they often devote a week of 25 Days of Christmas to Pixar Week, when none of the Pixar movies are about Christmas, while the Muppets have a number of Christmas productions). Back in 2011 I thought a Muppet Week would have been perfect for the week before the 25 Days started (especially with The Muppets coming to theaters).

Looking at the schedule, it looks like there's not going to be as much non-Christmas fare this year, though there'll still be the Toy Story movies and The Little Mermaid.

Too bad A Muppet Family Christmas and Letters to Santa won't be shown as well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, Hub and ABC Family share movies at times which explains why ABC Family will air both Scooby-Doo live movies in October as part of the 13 Nights of Halloween and then Hub airs them in November like last year... Or how Hub aired The Addams Family in very early September and then ABC Family aired both Addams movies as part of their Halloween fare in October this year.

CanaceErinn

Reaction score
Well, that's great if you don't own the DVD, but if you do and it's anything like when the Hub showed it either last year or the year before, skip it. There were so many cuts and commercial breaks during the broadcast that it got very annoying.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Well, that's great if you don't own the DVD, but if you do and it's anything like when the Hub showed it either last year or the year before, skip it.
In fact, I do have the DVD of the Muppet Christmas Carol. Why? I have no cable and we all have is crummy local stations, so I skip watching TV for good.

There were so many cuts and commercial breaks during the broadcast that it got very annoying.
I agree! I used to watch MCC when it was on a local station such as ABC back in the late '90s, but commercials... I wanted to cover my ears. Ugh!