1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TV Alert: Muppets "Letters to Santa" on CW December 11

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Tuesday night watch the Muppets Christmas special "Letters to Santa" on the CW at 9 pm eastern, 8 pm central. Let us know how the 2008 special has aged four years later. Read our review of the Letters to Santa Extended Edition DVD.

[​IMG]

If you saw this special, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So... Where do we send our jipped frogs and dogs and bears and pigs and chickens and rats and whatevers and penguins who thought there would be a new Muppet Christmas special this year on the CW to strongly voice their disgruntlements? :grr:

At least I'll get a chance to watch LTS in full again this year.
  3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

we're watching it! :) ....even tho we own it on DVD. :halo:
  4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

This was my first time watching LTS, since I wasn't a Muppet fan when it originally aired. I thought it was pretty good; sure, the plot was sappy, but it was fun playing Spot The Muppet in the group scenes, and I loved seeing Sweetums' appearance in the post office scene. Plus I liked Sam's bit about opening the mail (I've had to tell my mother not to open other people's mail before, maybe I ought to get Sam on her case).

All in all, I liked the special and I'm glad it made it to air this holiday season.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  5. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Is anyone else dissapointed that this seems to be the only Muppet Christmas special on TV this year....no sesame street, no muppet christmas carol....I mean unless I am missing something...I don't get cable but I do read the TV guide listings...I know this is the most recent but there are so many that could air....I'm just glad I have them all on video/dvd
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Oh whoopie my favorite movie. :p
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The thing that bothers me is that at one point, the CW said "More Muppets," and showing the same special is far from more. I really doubted that they'd be able to put up a promise that couldn't be kept as they don't actually own the franchise, especially since Disney didn't say anything. But at least you'd expect them to air something else
  8. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

What a great surprise to get an alert from Muppet Central that the CW was running LTS last night! Mrs. Otter and I capped off a night of Christmas specials with this one and, once again, we really enjoyed it.

It's not the best Muppet Christmas special I've ever seen but it's still a treat. I've told more than one person over the last 24 hours that I'd watch the whole thing for "I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus." Paul Williams (aka. The Cranky Elf) has written so many wonderful songs for The Muppets over the years and that's one of his best. The closing song is pretty catchy, too.

Other favourite moments - Sam's speech about opening other people's mail; Beaker and the supermodel exchanging mee-mee-mee's; Whoopi Goldberg the cab driver; Uma Thurman as the North Pole Airlines clerk (I STILL can't believe she did that!); Nathan Lane as Officer Frank Meany doing back-and-forths with Bobo ("Ding-ding-ding"); Jane Krakowski reluctantly letting the Muppets into her apartment ("Let me put down some newspapers" - I'd love to see her working with the Muppets again); Pepe letting his guard down when Santa shows up; the big Muppet family gathering at the end...great stuff.

Even little things about this special make me smile, like Kermit's response to Fozzie's "winging it" joke: "THAT WASN'T FUNNY!!!"

Occasionally the dialogue seems laboured and the punchlines fall flat and we can hear that some of the Muppet recasts were just taking shape (eg. David Rudman with Scooter, although Matt Vogel seemed more relaxed with Floyd and Robin), but I still love LTS and I think I always will.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm late, but I watched last night, despite the fact that I own the DVD (everyday's a good day for Muppets :) )

So I enjoyed this special as usual. It just made me remember the day that this aired and I watched it, and finally felt like the Muppets were back on the right track for the first time in years. Looking back, I think that was about right.

Something new I noticed in the special: Throughout the songs, at certain "low" points of them, I noticed some coordinating notes and chords that were almost slightly reminiscent to some of Paul Williams's work from MCC. I just kinda liked that, how from one special to the next, it's almost as if he hid little remnants of his previous Muppet work into his more current Muppet work.
  10. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

The CW is showing "It's a Very merry Muppet Christmas Movie" on December 18th.
  11. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

As Kermit said in an interview during production, "You know what's special about this movie? It's not a movie. It's a special".:)
  12. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Yeah i saw that listed today..... oddly didn't see that one coming (and missed it listed in TV Guide)....but nice to have more muppets on TV
  13. Borples

Borples Active Member

I watched it (on DVD, which I just bought the day before I heard they were going to air it on CW) for the first time since its original airing. It's still plenty cute, with lots of great moments (Sam's little PSA about the mail, HA), and still not my all-time favorite. (Gonzo didn't even look like he was enjoying that ride on the plane's wing. What up with that?) I loved the party at the end.

But I'll have to watch it another ten or twenty times before I decide how I really feel about it. ;-)

It's interesting to look back on, though. Wasn't this the first project with all of the recasts in place? It's sort of like the beginning of the comeback. It's fun to see how they've all improved, David Rudman in particular. But even Eric Jacobson has gotten more confident with his characters since then, or at least it seems that way to me. Fun to watch.
  14. Mo Frackle

I actually thought Gonzo was enjoying the plane ride.

Studio DC was actually the first (though Jerry dubbed Floyd's voice for those), but I still consider LTS the real beginning of the new era.
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Eh, it's that inexpressive new Gonzo puppet they have.
    Borples likes this.
  16. Mo Frackle

I just realized you meant that OTHER Muppet Christmas TV 'thing'. Sorry, Pinkflower.
    *Sits in corner with dunce cap*
  17. Borples

Borples Active Member

Yeah? I guess. But only because we know Gonzo, and of course he was enjoying it! But what was happening onscreen (unless I missed something) is that all the other Muppets were screaming, and so was Gonzo, and there wasn't anything to indicate that he was overcome with glee instead of terror. It could have used a "Whooopeeee!" or something, is all I'm saying.
  18. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Ehh special, movie, documentary, either way you slice it this wasn't my favorite. :p Although I will say it wasn't terrible.