1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: Muppets on NBC's America's Got Talent Wednesday September 10, 2014

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The Muppets are returning to NBC's America's Got Talent on Wednesday September 10. This will be a very special appearance with the whole cast scheduled to appear.

America's Got Talent is nearing it's season finale next week and airs on NBC on Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning at 9 eastern, 8 central. This will be the Muppets third appearance on the show since 2007.

[​IMG]

If you saw the Muppets appearance, please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I honestly hope someone can grab this and upload it somewhere tomorrow. I can't watch it on TV, because my parents are being majorly rude, and all the streams I try won't work correctly. I did grab the Muppet Show theme from the stream though, so I guess that's a minor plus.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was fantastic. The best part was Heidi Klum, Mel B, and Miss Piggy singing It's Raining Men, one of the most well-known songs of all time!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  4. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

For anyone who missed it.. I found this on YouTube.

It seems to be available around 11PM. :)

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

So what all happened in the episode?

6. antsamthompson9

Here's the best part!

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. muppetlover123

Okay so I saw that and The Muppet Show Theme video

8. antsamthompson9

Here's the opening of the show:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    MikaelaMuppet and LouisTheOtter like this.
  9. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I liked it okay. The opening made me want a real Muppet Show!

The writing, however. Who writes this stuff? Just stale, stale, stale. The Muppets are much funnier than this. Only the Titanic joke made me laugh and that's an old one. Disappointed in that, but loved seeing the Muppets in prime time. Just please Disney - get some better writers on this sort of stuff.

10. muppetlover123

I haven't seen the full episode yet so I can't really post my thoughts but from those two videos it looks awesome! Especially the opening!

11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Great to see Link and Beauregard in the opening that made me smile!

LinkLady77 and Duke Remington like this.
  12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Great to see the REAL Kermit on AGT. I liked his intro to Howie Mandel: "Someone who was probably a Muppet in a previous life." That's presumably a reference to his voice work on Muppet Babies. Overall, I really enjoyed that appearance. Oh, BTW Rugrats kid, your video clip isn't working. You may want to try to re-upload that.

13. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Something sounds off about Piggy in the it's raining men song...is it Eric Jacobson? Also, for some reason, it is weird to see all the characters with their rods now!

14. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

It's great that it's already on Hulu. :) Sorry about the broken YT link. :p

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  15. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

16. Daffyfan2003

Well, hopefully they didn't pull the same stunt that they pulled during the last
    Muppet appearance at the show, but I see what you're saying. I thought Piggy's voice sounded a bit off too. For that matter Waldorf and Statler sounded a bit high pitched. But it may just be the audio or something like that.

17. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

It's Eric. The notes of the song aren't suited for Piggy's pitch. It was okay. Kind of karaoke sounding, but okay. Fans need to stop freaking out about stuff like that. Frank had off days too. In fact, his Piggy was really low-pitched in the later years.

18. antsamthompson9

Trust me, Piggy was still played by Eric and Statler and Waldorf were still played by Steve and Dave.

Duke Remington and jvcarroll like this.
  19. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I guess Carroll's right. We need to stop freaking out on that. Just because a Muppeteer's voice for a character changes over time doesn't mean it's someone else performing him or her. I think we were all in an uproar after what happened the Muppets appeared on that show, but that's all over and done. We need to move on from that.

20. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Who wrote for them here?

Speaking of writers, I still want to grill the "Good Luck Charlie" writers (Phil Baker and Drew Vaupen) for destroying Piggy's character. :mad: