TV Alert: Muppets Wizard of Oz on ABC Family October 6-7

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
So the Muppets Wizard of Oz will be on ABC Family this Saturday at 11:30 am eastern and 9:00 am eastern on Sunday.

The recent Muppet movie will also premiere on Starz on October 6th at 9pm and at 7:30 and 4:30 on Sunday.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I'm happy that "The Muppets" will start showing on Starz soon. I think I'll only watch Muppets Wizard of OZ when there is nothing else to watch (it will be a very last resort).

Thanks, for letting us all know about this.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So the Muppets Wizard of Oz will be on ABC Family this Saturday at 11:30 and 9:30 on Sunday.
Thanks for posting this. It will be interesting to see what folks have to say about the made-for-TV movie seven years later.

Here's Greg James review from 2005.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, I thought ABC Family announced yesterday that they'd be airing The Mummy tomorrow night in back-to-back airings. Guess I'll be in the minority of actually enjoying MWoO, *shrugs. :attitude:

Hayley B

Reaction score
^ All I see is MWoO and alot of Disney movies for tonight and tomorrow. Oh and also TMNT III for tomorrow morning.

Well, atleast it's not "Harry Potter Weekend". They seem to have that every month. Love Harry Potter, but MAN.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I'm recording MWoO only because my kid brother still hasn't seen it, and wants to. His funeral (although I may watch the parts with Johnny and Sal, not just because I love those guys, but also because I think those are some of the only good parts of the movie)...

theSHE124

Reaction score
Just saw it! Haven't seen it for the past 7 years! I like how Miss Piggy portrayed all 4 Witches of Oz. :mad:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, I thought ABC Family announced yesterday that they'd be airing The Mummy tomorrow night in back-to-back airings. Guess I'll be in the minority of actually enjoying MWoO, *shrugs. :attitude:
Muppets Wizard of Oz is on both Saturday and Sunday mornings Ed, check local listings for times in your area.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Just saw it! Haven't seen it for the past 7 years! I like how Miss Piggy portrayed all 4 Witches of Oz. :mad:
That is the one thing I do like about MWoO. Also "The Witch Is In The House" song, I kind of like too. The only song I like for MWoO I might add.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I still remember I saw a preview screening of this movie at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2005. So yeah, I saw this in a theater. Surprisingly, the crowd was really into it. There was tons of laughter, applause, hooting and hollering all the appropriate moments. I'll admit I declared it "the 2nd best post-Henson Muppet movie" at the time. Looking back, I think we were all on a "new Muppet movie" high and remained oblivious to it's low quality. That and the fact the screenings were free...