TV Alert: Sam the Eagle on Jimmy Kimmel 3/4/2014

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
As we've seen over the past two nights (and in the Electric Mayhem appearance nearly two years ago), Kimmel and his crew are wise enough to see the potential in the ENTIRE Muppet cast, not just the usual suspects.

Sam Eagle fit perfectly in last night's appearance. Honestly, I don't think there's a better time period for Sam than anytime in the past 12-13 years, when it seems like U.S. super-patriots have surged to the forefront. His hosting a show like "Everything Stinks" in the last Muppet movie was a stroke of genius, as was his persona in two clips from the first wave of Muppet viral videos ("Stars and Stripes Forever" and "American Woman") and his forthcoming role in MMW as the overly-enthusiastic CIA agent.

Eric Jacobson and the Muppet writers have a good thing going with Sam. Looking forward to seeing what else they concoct as time rolls on!

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Loved this appearance!! It absolutely suited his personality and I see that he's still the same patriotic and stern American he was back in the Muppet Show days!!:attitude:

It sure has been a while since Sam's feet have made an appearance!!:wink:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I actually think this was the best muppet apperance in recent years. Sam in character, not doing a barber shop quartet or staring at a woman's belly or thanking Canada, just Sam, and it cracked me up how he stopped the robber. The entire scene was really enjoyable, and really awesome.