1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: Sesame Street at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thursday morning don't miss the Sesame Street Muppets on the "123 Sesame Street" float at The 92nd Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. This will be the 44th consecutive year that the cast of Sesame Street has made an appearance.

The parade begins at 9 am eastern on NBC. Sesame Street's appearance is scheduled for approximately 10 am eastern.

Please note, the parade may be delayed up to two hours for your time zone, so be sure to check local listings for accurate start times. Also in some markets, NBC will be re-airing the parade in the afternoon so check local times for broadcasts in your area.

[​IMG]

If you saw the Macy's parade, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here are social media photos from the cast and crew.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  3. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

At least NBC announced "the cast of Sesame Street" during the opening lineup this year, unlike last year. But they made NO other mention of any floats or balloons during the opening as well. Of course as we know, NBC couldn't care less about those (they consider them "And the rest", in most cases nowadays.) You gotta tune to CBS to get good coverage of them.
    But at least my family already had our Thanksgiving breakfast so I can't miss the Sesame Street float!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2018
  4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Saw some pictures on Facebook. Looks great!

5. wiley207

Yeah, I'm glad Julia is going to be on the float as well!

6. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

I wonder when Goku would show up?

7. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Just saw it! I thought it was adorable that Julia was wearing noise-cancelling earmuffs.

LittleJerry92, wiley207 and Any Del like this.
  8. wiley207

I really enjoyed seeing Julia on the float with the other "Sesame Street" Muppets, even though they didn't have Herry Monster with them anymore. Oh well, a fair trade for me! And Julia was so close to Elmo and Abby Cadabby and their sidekick Big Bird, too!
    Aside from that female pop singer I don't know, they were REALLY light with humans, just Alan and Nina (as usual) and only four of those kid dancers.

9. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Same! That song was catchy!

10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Who was everyone?

11. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Anyone know who the pop singer was?

12. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Anika Noni Rose.

13. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

Awwww. I missed it. Well, thank goodness for online videos.

14. MikaelaMuppet

Thanks.

15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

16. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was great seeing Gonger and Julia in the float. Julia wearing noise-canceling headphones was a nice subtle way to remind casual viewers of her autism.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  17. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Er, that "pop singer" as she's been called here was Anika Noni Rose. Or as she may be better known, the voice of Tiana from Disney's The Princess and The Frog animated movie.

wiley207 and Pig's Laundry like this.
  18. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Going through Facebook I learned that since Stacey Gordon lives in Arizona, Lara MacLean (Lars) did Julia in the parade. Also, Alice Dinnean was there, which is surprising since I thought she lived in LA. And Tyler Bunch and John Kennedy were there. If anyone happens to know who they operated, please share.

19. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Was Peter Linz there performing Ernie?

20. MikaelaMuppet

So Stacey couldn't be there?