1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: Sesame Street introduces new Muppet Julia on 60 Minutes March 19, 2017

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I tried it on the CBS news site and it didn't load. Hopefully I'll have better luck here.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So when they build puppets, are the neck and sock actually just one long sleeve that does through the torso separately? I seem to recall a similar video on JHC's YouTube channel when building a Fraggle.

But how do they hold it into place then?

3. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

Maybe you can try watching it again on the same site later.

4. JimmyDeanDog

JimmyDeanDog Member

scooterfan360 and WhoseLineFan like this.
  5. WhoseLineFan

6. WhoseLineFan

I don't get it. Why is the episode with Julia being aired on a weekday which is April 10 instead of the weekend?

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Because it's going to air on both HBO and PBS, and the latter only airs the show on weekdays.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  8. WhoseLineFan

So will Sesame still be aired on HBO the weekend before the episode premieres?

9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The episode is airing April 10th on PBS and HBO. It'll air again that Saturday on HBO when the usual "new" episode would be.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  10. WhoseLineFan

Thank you.

11. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Usually part of the sock is sewed to the puppet's body

12. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

I'm really glad that they are adding this Muppet. It will teach kids who don't have autism how to treat and interact with kids who have it.

WhoseLineFan likes this.