1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV Alert: Stuffed and Unstrung on The Celebrity Apprentice Sunday April 15

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Phillip, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The Jim Henson Company "Stuffed and Unstrung" adult puppets will be on The Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday April 15.

Other than last year's Grammy performance, this will be the biggest exposure yet for the Henson Alternative Stuffed and Unstrung characters.

The full official show description is:

Celebrity Apprentice - "Puppet Up!"
    April 15, 2012 (09:00PM - 11:00PM)
    The celebrities get creative when they are tasked with designing two original puppets and performing for an adult audience with Henson Alternative’s improvisational troupe, "Stuffed and Unstrung."

This week, the teams must create their own puppets and perform in front of a live audience for Henson Alternative’s "Stuffed and Unstrung" improv show. One outspoken Celebrity struggles to be a team player. On the other team, another Celebrity fights for a role in the task, but is marginalized and has a breakdown. Both teams put their improvisational skills to the test, but only one is declared the winner and another Celebrity hears Donald Trump’s dreaded words, "You’re fired!"

Watch preview videos here...
    http://www.nbc.com/smash/video/Puppet-Up/1395413

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/15/celebrity-apprentice-lisa-lampanelli-clay-aiken/

If you watched the show, please like this thread and post your thoughts below.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

What a great show! It was so cool seeing Brian Henson on TV. I loved it.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  3. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I'm just about to see who gets "fired", lol. I never watch this show, but how could I miss any televised Henson anything? ;) The celebrities did really great; both performing and building, and yes, it was AWESOME seeing Brian and other puppeteers on the teams! :D
  4. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

It was really fun to watch.

It must of frustrated the heck out of Victor Yerrid to teach that Jersey chick how to puppeteer and lip-sync properly.
    Cindy likes this.
  5. Phillip

We enjoyed the show. It was fantastic exposure for The Jim Henson Company and the Stuffed and Unstrung performers and shows. Kudos to everyone involved.

Did anyone else find it ironic that celebrities from both teams starred on Muppets Tonight? Arsenio Hall and Penn Jillette, respectively. Jim Henson was also on Arensio Hall's show for his final interview.

6. King Rupert

King Rupert Member

Being at the actual taping, I can say they really didnt do the show justice on tv. Each group went on for about 20 minutes and were actually a lot funnier than last night led on.

As for Arsenio being the savior of his team per say, he was actually yelled at quite a bit because he couldnt keep his head out of the camera shot.

I believe each team did about 3 or 4 skits, a lot was left on the cutting room floor.
    HeyButtahfly, Walter, ploobis and 3 others like this.
  7. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

I love the fact that Brian was there helping to set up and judge the challenge. Also impressed that they dedicated a whole two hours of airtime to this challenge. I only wish they could have edited down the 30 minutes of boardroom banter and shown us more Stuffed and Unstrung.
    ploobis likes this.
  8. Phillip

The entire 2-hour episode of The Celebrity Apprentice staring Henson's "Stuffed and Unstrung" puppet inprov is now on-line. Watch the on-line video and let us know your thoughts.
    ploobis likes this.
  9. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Which team won? I just watched the parts with the Henson people and them making the puppets.
  10. Borples

Borples Active Member

That was fun! Very good publicity for Stuffed and Unstrung, too. I can tell, because now if they came near me and I heard about it, I would definitely go. :) Nice to see Brian Henson. Hearing him speak always makes me smile.

It was sort of funny watching this with a Muppet fan bias. Here were Leslie Carrera-Rudolph and Tyler Bunch, and to me they're big time celebrities. But on this show, they don't even get their full names mentioned!
  11. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

I thought the same thing. I'm really only familiar with a couple of the so-called celebrities (Really who is that chick with the red hair? Never heard of her.) but when I saw Tyler, Leslie, Victor, etc. I got all giddy.
  12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The fact that the one woman could not recite "Jack and Jill" made my head hurt.
    Chopped Liver and ploobis like this.
  13. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT!

Lisa Lampanelli's team won, Paul Teutel Sr. got fired

Daniel
  14. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I was at the taping and they cut a LOT. Clay Aiken was IMO the best celebrity puppeteer, but the Henson puppeteers really made the show. They saved a lot of the awkward or poorer moments. I wish they had showed more footage of the actual show.
    Cindy likes this.
  15. Walter

Walter Active Member

Am I the only one who thinks Brian could have referenced the Whatnot workshop but it was cut because that would invoke the "M-word":fishy: ...why else would they choose FAO??:confused:
  16. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that Walter...I thought it was odd that they met at FAO and didn't talk about the Whatnot workshop
    Walter likes this.
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

It was also interesting when Brian walked into meet the team, Arsenio was on and Brian said something to the affect that he was really glad to see Arsenio but that was it. I'm sure behind the scences there were talks of the last interview.

I would not be suprised if they try to get somone from Henson to be on the show as a celebrity next season, that is if Trump dose not run for President.
    Yorick likes this.
  18. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Brian with a beard was reminding me more of Jim than ever before...very cool.
    I don't think Trump will be running for President this time. It's late in the game for that.
  19. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Clay really seemed to have the best knowledge of what he was doing. Sure, his puppeteering was off (as was all of theirs), but he did have the spirit for it.
    Yorick likes this.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

In the interest of politics, he could file for a third party candidate, but that's all I'm going to say about that.

But I have to say, George Takei and Arseno Hall can't make me watch The Apprentice. Even though I love Puppet Up, they couldn't get me to watch The Apprentice. Hopefully clips will pop up in due time. I'd rather watch Cleveland, even if I hated Cleveland. And I don't.