1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: The Muppets at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thursday morning don't miss the Muppets with a very special opening of The 90th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The parade begins at 9 am eastern on NBC. The Muppets appearance will be right at the beginning of the parade so don't miss it!

If you want to discuss the Sesame Street appearance in the parade, please join the discussion here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you saw the Macy's parade, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    heralde, Schfifty, wiley207 and 3 others like this.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

What an awesome opening!

3. wiley207

wiley207 Active Member

That was a fun opening number! I really enjoyed Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem's version of "Twist and Shout," and it was also fun to see Fozzie, Rowlf, Lew Zealand, the Swedish Chef and more.

All the rest I'm probably going to watch this year is the "Sesame Street" float in 40 minutes, because I know how we all feel about NBC's parade coverage year after year. They only barely mentioned the balloons and floats in the opening lineup, so it looks like they're going to mainly ignore them...

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. kathy26

kathy26 Member

Did i see some penguins in that?

wiley207 likes this.
  5. dwayne1115

Yes you did!

6. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Just saw the Muppets on my affiliate 10 minutes ago. That was a great opening!

I liked how Miss Piggy stayed in character and was coughing after the number.

7. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I missed most of the Muppets' opening number, but I saw the Electric Mayhem performance. They killed it! Hopefully I can see the full Muppets' song in a few days.

8. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Missed it because I thought the Muppets opening number would be for the actual start of the parade at 10 AM EST/11 AM PR time. If there's a MUP3 of this currently floating about, especially the EM singing Twist and Shout, could someone please send it to me? Thanks. :D

9. dwayne1115

I don't want to spoil it but it was an awesome opening!

10. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

i've just seen it :), i really liked the electric mayhem's performance. and piggy's reaction, when the announcers introduced the electric mayhem band, and not her.

11. dwayne1115

I love how the band is almost becoming more popular than the Muppets themselves.

12. dwayne1115

I know he is like 90 years old but Tony Bennett sucked... Piggy did very well though.

13. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

What a great opening number! Such a classic

14. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Loved it! Among the best parade openings ever! Maybe my favorite! The Electric Mayhem's rendition of "Twist and Shout" made me want to get and and dance! I liked how they revamped "Hey, A Movie!" to fit the parade.

Duke Remington and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  15. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Anyone have a video of the event? I missed it.

16. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The opening was wonderful. The bit later on with Piggy and Tony Bennett was pretty good too.

17. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

That was definitely a fun opening, with a lot of different characters getting screen time. The Electric Mayhem were great with their cover of "Twist and Shout", too. Really could have done better with the sound mix during Piggy and Tony Bennett's performance, though; very unprofessional and inexcusable for a large network such as NBC.

18. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

I'm so glad Rowlf the Dog is included. He's so cute and cuddly. Sigh. I hope my cute and cuddly habit doesn't bother you all.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  19. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

i found this on youtube

20. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I am a little curious what is going on with Steve's availability, since he didn't seem to have any character-voicing presence in the parade or the promotional material (it wouldn't have been too hard to have someone else do Beaker and Waldorf). Anyway, I was expecting a short opening number, but got a performance by the Electric Mayhem and closing with Miss Piggy. Great to see some Muppet action in the parade again! I also thought I read somewhere that the Kermit balloon would be back, which it wasn't...